Coponat Speakers

Unregistered guest
This is probally a stupid quistion.. but im jsut learin stuff about car systems. i wanted to know when u buy a componant speakers if u only buy one or u get 2 sets. i thoght ude buy 2 sets liek any other speakers but it was unclear to me... if anyone could help me out ide apreaciate it?

Silver Member
Username: Bnd_rulez

Phoenix, AZ USA

Post Number: 679
1 set includes 2 midbasses, 2 tweeters, and 2 crossovers. YOu will only need 1 set.

mike09787O2
Unregistered guest
Good deal. so what would u put in the empty 2 speakers?
Thanks a lot man that helps a lot.

Silver Member

Phoenix, AZ USA

Post Number: 682
Are you referring to rear speakers? Just unhook those speakers and leave them there if you don't want to remove them. With the set up I suggested to you, you will not need rear speakers.

anon9831
Unregistered guest
Mike,

Consider a spell checker too. Those things will help make you look like you actually graduated high school and learned something.

Unregistered guest
If i don't put any speaker's in the rear, would it still sound good enough in the back, to impress the rider's?
Thanks David

anon,
Im lazy and don't like to correct everything, and i did'nt graduate high school yet. But i hope this entry will please you enough.

Bronze Member
Username: Gpz1100

Post Number: 54
Mike... Anon is right though. Such carelessness makes you look stupid, and people tend to move on to other questions.

I know I certainly do so.

Silver Member
Username: Scubasteve

Annapolis, MD

Post Number: 366
jeeps have pretty small interiors so your back seat passengers should be well impressed with your nice pair of cop-on-at speakers.

Unregistered guest
haha alright, thanks guys... i didnt think it was that big of a deal.
Scuba, I got a saturn sedan.. the interior is still pretty small tho, so thats good to hear.
Thank you

Silver Member

Annapolis, MD

Post Number: 371
hahahaha, I have no idea in hell why I thought you had a jeep. I must be losing my mind. In either case, you'll be fine without rear fill. You may want to keep the stock speakers back there so that when you have rear passengers, you can turn them on using the "fade" control. when you're alone in the car or only have 1 passenger up front, the back speakers serve no purpose and will have a negative effect on your sound stage. You can just power these with the your head unit's interal amplification.

Unregistered guest
hahah yeah i was wondering where you got that from?!, no biggy haha. I heard that from some one else to put the factories in the back.. but mine are blown if not, then real shitty. Anything cheap just to make it blend in for the back riders?.. i heard some mid range speakers are good? Let me know if you have any sugestions?
Thanks alot man

Silver Member

Phoenix, AZ USA

Post Number: 691
If you need rear fill, just get some midbass speakers. Midrange will distract you, and won't sound that great when the radio is cranked.

Silver Member

Annapolis, MD

Post Number: 377
yea, what size are you dealing with and i can make you some recommendations on speakers. You can actually buy some really nice mid-bass speakers at half the cost of a pair of coaxials.

Unregistered guest
Alright, sounds like my best bet is to leave the rear's empty if its not gonna mix well..
Thanks David

Scuba, I have 6 1/2 , 7inch speaker mounts.. Im on a pretty tight budgit, but if its worth it ill get some more lou, Let me know what you think?
Thanks

Silver Member

Phoenix, AZ USA

Post Number: 712
CDT makes some decent mid basses at reasonably prices.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us