BEST setup for around $1000 in a SMALL SEALED box

Username: Erikdagenerik

Livermore, CA US

Post Number: 7
I started a thread inquiring about a good setup for my Honda s2000, but I didn't really clarify my needs in particular.

The box that my L7 is in is 12L x 12W x 12D and it fits PERFECTLY in my trunk ditch. The box can be taller (height) or wider (left to right), but NO room for length (top to bottom).

I am looking for SPL mainly, but I wouldn't mind a little SQ. My budget is around $1000 for amp/sub, the wiring is there, and I have a basic Alpine 9847 deck.

So I need...
-Sub/Amp
-under $1000
-small box

Any recommendations are appreciated.

Silver Member
Username: Cenus

Hicksville, Ohio Usa

Post Number: 405
well if you can find one get a shocker sig, they will get very loud, and a kicker kx 1200.1 amp would push it pretty good. just have fun trying to find one if you go that route.

Livermore, CA US

Post Number: 9
i did a google search on the shocker. i couldn't find much. where do you even get those from?

Bronze Member

Livermore, CA US

Post Number: 11
Suggestions for a setup anyone?

muddywaters
Unregistered guest
you are not going to get much spl in a convertible, and there isnt a lot of trunk space in an s200 either. mtx "claims" to use less volume for there 9500 10" than jl

Silver Member
Username: Cenus

Hicksville, Ohio Usa

Post Number: 407
ya you won't find much on shocker, but talk to zac davis, or hunter warren and they will tell you that these subs are badass. i know my friend has 2 10's in a ss box and is hitting 156 in a mustang, so they do get very loud. and my friend got his from ebay so keep lokkin around and you might find some.

Silver Member
Username: Voodoochilde

Greencastle, Indiana

Post Number: 113
idmax, good spl with great sq.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us