How's eDead/Dynamat really work??

Bronze Member
Username: Shackashacka

Post Number: 67
Okay, i've known everyone does all their stuff with eDead/dynamat/spray on stuff/etc...
but im confused exactly as to how it works
u put thing little sheets of like 45, 70 mil stuff on ur trunk lids and it stops vibrations?
or is there something im missing
do i have to put dynamat between stuff or somethin
im diving into this now that i've got a quality car finally i can dynamat(a camry)...
wats the basic idea for this stuff??
(on my camry, i've got like a carpeted trunk lid...should i take this off after i eDead? or leave it on?

Gold Member
Username: Carguy

Post Number: 3375
Think of a bell. If you get a hammer and hit it, it'll ring very loud. Now you put dynamat on it and try it again, it won't be as loud. Same principle. It's not a miracle device. Your trunk will still vibrate but not as loud.
For your trunk, apply dynamat under the carpet. No need to get rid of something that makes your trunk look neat.

Bronze Member
Username: Shackashacka

Post Number: 68
But basically i'm asking i just layer it around all the metal right
basically surround my sub enclosure in dynamat on the walls/bottom/trunk lid of my trunk??

Gold Member
Username: Carguy

Post Number: 3378
You apply it on the trunk and anywhere you see sheet metal. The idea is to minimize the metal vibration.

Bronze Member
Username: Smhuosrktays

Rochester, New York USA

Post Number: 51
Its like putting a pillow over someones face when theyre screaming. Dynamat is easy to install, cover anywhere that you can in your car, it'll make it much quieter.

Anonymous

The foam spray works really well also, and less of a hassle then dynamat...i put some all around the inside of ym trunk and for me personally it killed the shaking more than the dyna

Gold Member
Username: Jonathan_f

GA USA

Post Number: 4170
The function of Dynamat/Edead and similar materials is to add mass to the metal (or plastic, fiberglass, etc.), the mass of the material decreases the resonance of the material you're applying it to. Those types of deadener are also well damped and do not resonate, which also helps. Ever heard something rattle, then put your finger on it and it stopped? It works like that, the mass of your finger stops the vibration/resonance. Another purpose of sound deadening is that the frequency that the metal resonates at will be effectively lowered due to the added mass of the damping material.

Username: Letto

Milwaukee, WI

Post Number: 7
what is the foam spray called that u used?

Bronze Member
Username: Voodoochilde

Greencastle, Indiana

Post Number: 77
"Its like putting a pillow over someones face when theyre screaming."

wtf man? When they're screaming for help??? lol, I just read that and wondered what it is that you've been doing!?

Silver Member
Username: Disturbedpriest

Post Number: 150
I bet it has something to do with a child p0rn ring... better watch out the fbi is cracking down on sickos like that these days.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us