Ignition wire

jonah reason
Unregistered guest
what exactly does the ignition wire do for a car cd player ?

Silver Member
Username: Illuminator

Post Number: 643
It's supplies 12v (+) only when the car is on. This way, the CD player isn't on when the car is off thus the battery doesn't go dead.

jonah reason
Unregistered guest
so its aconstant supply of electricity when the car is on. is it possible for their to be some power but not all power or is it power or no power coming from the wire the reason i ask is because mine to cut in half somehow so i had to connect it
and now my cd player wont work so idk if its my igiton ire or my igniton switch everythign on teh unit turns on but then the main display and buttons turn off and all thats left on is a blue mute button

Silver Member
Username: Illuminator

Post Number: 648
I'm guessing the blue mute button is also the power button. It probably is the ignition wire, then...

I would suggest you check all the wires to make sure you have the actual ignition wire and not an illumination wire. If there isn't a sufficent wire for the ignition, it might be best to run a new one from a fuse in the fusebox that is only powered when the car is on.

What type of vehicle do you own (year/make/model) and what color is the ignition wire you're using?
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us