JVC KD-LH810 vs Pioneer DEH-P6700MP

Bronze Member
Username: Basketballinu05

Post Number: 71
ok i can get the jvc for 5$ more than the pioneer which hu should i get?http://www.cardomain.com/item/PIODEHP6700MP
http://www.cardomain.com/item/JVCKDLH810

Silver Member
Username: Illuminator

Post Number: 331
I'm not going by what the site says, but the Pioneer is absolutely the best deal out of the two. I don't even see how JVC can charge so much for that piece of crap.

Bronze Member
Username: Basketballinu05

Post Number: 72
but if u look at the specs the jvc has better ratings

Silver Member

Post Number: 334
It might have slightly better features...but it looks like it has about the same power specifications as the Pioneer(except the JVC has 4v preamps as opposed to Pioneer's 2v). Ultimately, it all matters what features you're looking for...the JVC does indeed have mp3 where the Pioneer doesn't, but the Pioneer will last a great deal longer and have better sound quality.

Gold Member
Username: Taylor17

Kopperl, Texas

Post Number: 1850
Both are great HU's, just go with the one you like the best...
P.s, I have a JVC HU, and a Pioneer Premeer, and both are great. You might get a little better quality, and maybe last a little longer with the Pioneer.

Anonymous

I was trying to decide between the two as well. I'm going to be using an external amplifier though, so I don't even care about the power ratings of the internal amps. Does that mean that since the JVC has 4V preouts, I'll actually get a better sound from my external amp?

Anonymous

Jexxen, do you even know what you are talking about? the Pioneer does have MP3, if you took the extra 2 seconds to click the link and read.

I've got the JVC 810 CD player and it's great. I don't know how you can make a blanket statement that the Pioneer will last longer and sound better just cuz it's a Pioneer. Yes Pioneer is good but by no means the ultimate in quality. I'm very impressed with the JVC.

Preouts have nothing to do with better sound per say, but higher voltage means you can adjust your gain on your amp accordingly....more voltage basically means less gain.

here's a good explanation:
http://forum.soundillusions.net/showthread.php?s=41d04235a9678727b87cbf854baab88 9&p=529585#post529585

The key things about the JVC over the Pioneer for me are these:

Burr-Brown 1-bit digital-to-analog converter has full 24-bit resolution

# Dual 4-Volt Gold-Plated Preamp Outputs
# Gold-Plated Subwoofer Output with Level Control

CD Signal-to-Noise Ratio: 102 dB

All these things are better then the Pioneer. Wheather they are important to you i dont know.

Silver Member

Post Number: 440
I knew my posting that the JVC is a piece of crap would evoke someone who owned the unit to be upset. And honestly, it is crap.

I've owned 3 JVC headunits, all of which are partially functioning now with the main problem being the heatsink location and design. The faceplate is also made of cheap plastic, I bet when you click the buttons on your JVC, it's louder than the music you play.

Actually, the preamps, 102dB, and fake 24bit CD player are the only things where the JVC is better than the Pioneer sound-wise. Everything else is the same, or Pioneer is better. Surprise, surprise.

JVC owners remind me of Chevy owners, they mistakenly believe they have the best and everything else is trash.

Silver Member
Username: Spittin2rock

Post Number: 116
well usually when people use the controls on a head unit they press the buttons not punch them. Or maybe you shouldn't own a head unit period if you manage to break 3 JVC's. My first unit was a Pioneer and it lasted about a year and a half then it kept blowing the fuse. Some internal was blowing the fuses. Bought a JVC right after that and that puppy is still working like a champ. I've had it now for about 5 years. I just bought another JVC for my Explorer and to work with my CD changer and that CD receiver is great. Then I bought a used Pioneer DEH-7000p which is a fairly old cd player for my Honda Civic. The owner before me had it approximately 2 1/2 years. I've had it now for 1 1/2 years. That puppy still puts out good sound also. The only flaw with that one is the volume up button broke so you have to use a pen or the remote to put the volume up and also the sub-out is bad. So both are very good units and both a pretty durable. So take your choice you will enjoy either.

Silver Member

Post Number: 473
Sorry if I came across as harsh, but it has just been so bland in this forum...

xdrummer03
Unregistered guest
Just to clear things up where Jexeen mislead you,the pioneer 6700 is mp3 compatible.Pioneer is a better deck for the price. Better quality as far as being able to tune more.

Silver Member

Post Number: 483
I mislead them? Lies! I said the Pioneer was clearly the better choice. At the time I posted saying the Pioneer didn't have mp3, I was going by the previous models (the p6400, the p6500, and the p6600) which never had mp3 up until this point.

xdrummer03
Unregistered guest
In your second post your comparing them saying the 6700mp doesnt have mp3 and JVC does. I was just telling him it does.

Username: Sublover

Lacrosse, MN U.S

Post Number: 5
Just for the record best buy sells all of those units and the JVC's have a higher return rate because the power button gets stuck in. So simply for durability I would go for pioneer, but if you like the features on the JVC just get a waranty.

Silver Member
Username: Geekbike

Post Number: 154
The Pioneer is the better deal.

- much, MUCH better EQ
- better internals (laser pick-up and onboard amp)
- navigation is much simpler
- better processor with less distortion
- BMX enhancement and wav playback

S/N ratio is meaningless - anything over 90db is an inaudible difference

The only thing the JVC has going for it is the 4v preouts. Maybe the rear preout if you actually use rear speakers.

xdrummer03
Unregistered guest
Pioneer does have the better balance all around. Also Kyle I dont think the power button will break within 30 days.

Username: Sublover

Lacrosse, MN U.S

Post Number: 10
No, but best buy has a 2 or 4 year waranty, thats what I'm talking about.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us