Why's my system so loud?!?!?!

UCF_Shawn
Unregistered guest
I have a Kicker KX1200.1 and 2 Kicker 2004 CompVR 15"s. Everybody bashes the CompVRs, but recently I went to Spring Break Nationals in Daytona Beach, where I had a chance to listen to some professionals. I left kinda dissappointed in them. Mine easily bangs as hard and leaves you actually feeling the subs shake your internal organs.

Is this because I went with two 15" subs instead of the usual 2 12"s? Or, does it have to do with my car? Its an Oldsmobile Aurora. On the Driver's Information Center, I always get 14.8+ volts. And the battery is located under the rear seat so I have like only 5ft. of 0 guage power wire. I used equally thick plywood instead of MDF and 8 guage for the sub wire at 1 ohm. My sealed box mearsurement are 41x18x12. That's roughly 2 1/4 cu ft per sub (that's not that great). I don't have an ungraded alt. or a cap. and the lights barely dim when it hits.

Is it just one of those factors or all of them combined?

Gold Member
Username: James1115

Wilton, Ct

Post Number: 3252
no one bashes the comp vr's they bash the l5's and the l7's the comps actually get good reviews on this board.

DonnyAladam
Unregistered guest
because kicker comp vr's are some of the best subs out for the price right now.. not only are they better then alot of the more expensive showey subs but cheaper/louder/better sq comp vr's are great i don't think anyone has bashed those subs except subfanatic once but the next day he restated that he was wrong and that they hit hard and clean

Silver Member
Username: 54danny54

Post Number: 277
I foreakin love comps and comp Vrs....im just pissed at the new gayt design

UCF_Shawn
Unregistered guest
yea 2004s are the way too go
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us