Newbie, but have alil smarts q @ a on buying new system

Username: Chitown_tbird

Chicago, IL

Post Number: 2
Greeting fello car audio lovers, im a newbie on here, and like what i see very much. this is what i have in my 97 thunderbird now.
2 12' Kenwood KFC-W3009
1 Power Acoustik LT-Series 980/2-1
Sony x-plod cd h/u
2 6x9 xplod 3way 240w
2 6x9 perisionaudio 4way 400w

i dont a cap, or a amp on my highs, i have no tweeters and no edead or simliar. im in much need of a upgrade!. i will have 1500.00 to complete my new system, not to be jerk i have a idea on what i want, just tell me a bigger choice, or cheaper one, im open for suggustions please help.

FARAD CAPACITORS i need but which kind, 2.0 or 4.0

H/U: any apline or jvc i want i need 3 pre-outs and mp3 ready

front speakers: comp kappa perfect, or kicker comp, or alpine type-x

rear" 2 full range 6x9 POPS 400w <--- this is for the peeps who know about pops, in chicago only maybe, or open for suggestions.

tweeters: i dont care as long as i hear highs lol

subs: 2 jl 12'w7 or 2 10" type-x alpine, or 1 solo x, or 12 L7 solo barics.

amp: any hi-fonics, or JL, or rockford, which every is goood to power the subs i said i wanted.

should i get sperate amps for high, low and mids,
or rear for h/u and 2-channel for front, or buy a 4 channel.
my friend has a car battery for me, so i dont need that, please tell me whats good.

Gold Member
Username: Subfanatic

Walton, Ky

Post Number: 3505
for the farad capacitors, the rule of thumb is 1 farad per 1000 watts if that helps, for the HU, look into Eclipse, Alpine, Clarion, Pionner Premier, for the fronts, id go with the cmop perfects, for the rears, what are pops? lol
tweeters, the infinity comp perfects come with 2 inch dome tweeters. for the subs, id go with jl, eclipse, idmax, Re, or somen, do u wnat sq or spl??
amp, depends on what subs you get, but most of all, id get a small amp and sub like a eclipse Ti ednine.1 combo so you dont need to worry about a new alt. lol

Chicago, IL

Post Number: 3
subfanaatic- thanks 4 ur input, i reallly like alpine type x, u think i shouldnt get them?
2nd i has 1500.00 is that enough, and i what clen quality i guessm, im not in a comp. i just wanna bumb clean high,s and make females miscarry when they feel/hear the bass, lol -to the women im sorry if that was upsetting-. where can i find idmax, or Re?

Gold Member
Username: Hdubb

Farmington, Nm Usa

Post Number: 1419
seems like you have done a lil bit of forum browsing and somehomework. for good decks with that many preouts look at higher end pioneer premeir like the 800 and 900 series
for comps and amps for highs look at boston acoustics,great amps and comps. others are powerbass and mb quart. there are tons of options
for subs check out soundsplinter rl-ps, incriminator audio death penalty's digital designs 3500 series idmax v4s, of coarse the brahma. i personally like the brahma

Gold Member

Farmington, Nm Usa

Post Number: 1420
i doint think you should get the Xs they arent as good as they should be...trust me and do you have pics? i want to see the women of car audio damn it.

Chicago, IL

Post Number: 4
wow what great response, im a newbie, the the brahma and idmax r like the computer lanugage to me 0101010101110 lol. so with some browsing i couldnt find have of ur items, and im used to hearing names like jl, mtx, and kicker, so these other audio sound so damn nice, now i need a place to shop lol. more input if yall can please. and 2 sub<-- pops is a old white ex army guy who makes subs and speakers in a flea markets, but if the product pops, he gives u a new product.

Bronze Member
Username: Rupaul

The big apple, Ny The us of a

Post Number: 14
www.adireaudio.com
www.ddaudio.com
www.visionaryaudio.com

Bronze Member
Username: Skyliner17

Saint Paul, MN United States

Post Number: 82
the alpine type X subs are pretty nice for the money. i have a 12" type X. gets pretty loud and can go deep. also good sq. costs alot less than jl w7.
For hu go for either top of line alpine or higher end pioneer premier.
JL amps are great. u could get Zapco Reference amps for comparable price.
need amp for sub and component speakers.

Bronze Member
Username: Mikechec9

Chicago/atlanta

Post Number: 20
the options are pretty endless.
one way to go for the best sounding inexpensive imo are 1500.00=>

HU- (@350.00) High Alpine or Pioneer

components- (@220) infinity kappa Perfects 6.1 or jl sudio xr series

sub/s- ($150-300/sub) sound splinter, digital designs, id max, avalanche, blah blah blah.

amps- (250-300) mb quartx2 on sale http://www.crutchfield.com/S-gqaz2EXLVSZ/cgi-bin/prodmenu.asp?c=3&Search=mb+quar t&ssid=1&SearchDisplay=MB%20Quart
everything else try ebay and
http://www.woofersetc.com/page.asp?id=3

somethingrediclousihavetomakeup
Unregistered guest
i can help you out wit prices a lil bit, if you need i can have almost anything shipped to your door at dealer price.

Silver Member
Username: Tdeaton1021

Near Tampa, Florida USA

Post Number: 378
somthing rediculous.... you dont get JL products do you though?

Unregistered guest
no sorry thats the only company i dont get dealer pricing through, mtx, infinity, kicker, pioneer, sound stream, momo, panasonic, alpine(not sure of yet), sony, audiobahn...yes the worst, and soem others.

Silver Member

Near Tampa, Florida USA

Post Number: 381
my friend wants a sx650.1 (kicker) do you know how much you could get that for? right now he's looking at it for 430 on woofersetc.com and 370 on ebay

Unregistered guest
i can call my store tomorrow and get a price, they have already closed.

Silver Member

Near Tampa, Florida USA

Post Number: 383
alright thanks a lot

Silver Member
Username: 54danny54

Post Number: 261
courtney...i have an idea...get this system:
1 12 inch Eclipse Ti
2 sets of MB quart discus(a more expensive set) components
HU=some alpine or eclipse HU it dont really matter
kicker KX600.1 amp for the sub
some other low wattage amp for the compoents and that autta do

Chicago, IL

Post Number: 5
thanks, but the spam in my theard wasnt cool. and to donny keen, i cant find the subs, and now i think i want a Re xxx but cant find the price,

Bronze Member
Username: Mikechec9

Chicago/atlanta

Post Number: 35
there is one on ebay now for 349.00 unless it just got sold (likely).

Gold Member

Farmington, Nm Usa

Post Number: 1432
i think you would be better off with the brahma. www.adireaudio.com

Gold Member
Username: James1115

Wilton, Ct

Post Number: 3054
Hey hunter what did you go to arizona and get a job with Adire? you are pushing them like sub pushes eclipse lol!

Gold Member

Farmington, Nm Usa

Post Number: 1435
no i just had time to think about it and did a lil bit of reading, and comparing t/s peramiters. look at the fs on the brahma and x.xx there is a pretty big difference, and now since they shortened the coils they are supposed to be more effienct, and lost what .5 mm of xmax

Gold Member
Username: Invain

Michigan United States

Post Number: 2570
Just don't tell glass you think the Brahma's will tromp on the xxx's. I have heard from a few people that the xxx's really aren't the greatest for spl, and are not recommended for spl comps. Kinda makes sense, 30 + mm of xmax isn't an ordinary spec for a spl sub. I've always liked Brahma's better, probably because I got sick of people talking about RE subs.

Gold Member

Farmington, Nm Usa

Post Number: 1439
yeah kinda sick of re, adire, ascendant, kicker, audiobahn,alpine, you think people would look for something new. i just like the brahma a wee more. and i dont want glass to see this, he will just whale on anyone in dissagreence(is that a word?)

Gold Member

Farmington, Nm Usa

Post Number: 1440
hey courtney any pics yet? im waitin.jkish.

oh and p.s. james stop sending me dirty pics of you and your parrot!

Chicago, IL

Post Number: 6
@ hunter what kind of pics u want?
im lost

Gold Member

Farmington, Nm Usa

Post Number: 1443
nevermind, lets just say not of your subs, install or anything like that.....
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us