New to car audio, I have some questions

Username: Ezekiel_06

Post Number: 1
I'm pretty new at car audio. I'm just now getting into it. Right now I'm putting together my first system and I was wondering if you guys could help me out. Right now, I have 2 10" kenwood KFC-W2509 subs:

*700w peak power
*350 max power
*175 RMS
*Freq Responce 28Hz - 800Hz
*Impedance 4ohms

I'v been hearing that Kenwood is not the greatest, but hey, it's my first system and I got them both for $120. Anyway I'm confused on how to match up an amp to run both of the subs. What power specs should I look for? Should I get a 2 channel, or a mono amp?

And finally, I listen to a lot of Jazz and Rap, should I get a sealed box, or a ported box? Which one will get me better, and more acurate sound. And what is a bandpass box?

Thanx in advance.

Gold Member
Username: Subfanatic

Walton, Ky

Post Number: 3489
id go sealed box for a begginner lol. and you need to find an amp that is 350 watts mono at 2 ohms, or 175-200 times 2 at 4 ohms,

Post Number: 3
Also, what amps are out there that will give me the most bang for the buck?

Gold Member

Walton, Ky

Post Number: 3490
hifonics is always a good cheap amp

Post Number: 4
I've been looking at a box made by q-logic were you can change from sealed of ported? Anyone have any expirience with these boxes?

Post Number: 6
Yet another question.. :-) after I get my subs hooked up, I'm going to get another amp the run the speakers inside my car (and installing some tweeters of course). Asuming that less power is needed to run these speakers, should I pick up a multi channel amp, or a 2 channel amp? Which is better? Also, should I compare my speaker specs to the amp specs, or does it really matter? And is it ok to install an amp with more power than what is needed to run a system?

I think thats it for all my questions though :-)

Gold Member

Walton, Ky

Post Number: 3494
multi in my opinino depending on how many speakers

Post Number: 7
I'll have 6 speakers. 4 coaxil, and 2 tweeters

Gold Member

Walton, Ky

Post Number: 3496