Do watts really matter in a good amp?

Anonymous

are watts what really matter in a good amp? for example would a 300 watt kicker amp be better than a 1600 watt legacy amp or somthing?

Gold Member
Username: Subfanatic

Walton, Ky

Post Number: 2843
it would last longer but not be as powerful

Gold Member
Username: Carguy

Post Number: 2497
Legacy's 1600w amp is really 150w amp. They just love to stretch the numbers a bit, just like Pyramid/Sony.

Gold Member

Walton, Ky

Post Number: 2850
haah, yea isaac, wasnt the 1600 watt sony amp relaly 500 watts when the government regulated it and checke dit or somen lol

Anonymous

ic, so then how would say an audiobahn amp compare to a kicke amp?

Gold Member
Username: Invain

Michigan United States

Post Number: 2095
Sub, I remember reading somewhere that the 1600 watt, or 1200 watt, or whatever sony amp actually put out an official 540 something watts.

Gold Member

Walton, Ky

Post Number: 2866
lol thats what ithought to

Gold Member
Username: Glasswolf

NorthWest, Michigan USA

Post Number: 7735
legacy uses MAX or PEAK power ratings. Kicker is using RMS power ratings.
use the same ratings to compare amplifiers. RMS, at the same impedance.
There's a lot that goes into making a good amplifier. If you want to learn more about what makes an amplifier, read this article:
http://www.wickedcases.com/caraudio/amplifiers.html

Bronze Member
Username: Treeguy2oo4

Phoenix, Arizona USA

Post Number: 35
glass wo;f you are so into youre self

Gold Member
Username: Glasswolf

NorthWest, Michigan USA

Post Number: 7782
not really.
I just got tired of seeing the same questions over and over again, so I wrote some articles that answer a lot of the questions to save repeating myself.
you're welcome to answer all of these questions. If you can do it, it'll save me the effort.
Then I can spend moe time working on my car, and less time being generous to others.
That translates to more time beating the snot out of Fords on the street and at the strip.

Gold Member
Username: Carguy

Post Number: 2607
People, don't forget Glasswolf and few others are here to help and offer experience FREE of charge. If you were go to ask anyone else in the real world, they'd charge you $65/hr and never give clear cut answers.
So let's just all get along and be greatful.

Bronze Member
Username: Mixneffect

Orangevale, Ca. USA

Post Number: 66
WORD !!!!!!!!!!

Gold Member

Walton, Ky

Post Number: 3075
i am very happy with all the help i have recieved here, i have learned ALOT, does anyone remember the stupid sh*t i used to say, but im still not very good with this stuff

KickeD
Unregistered guest
Quality manufacturers underate their amps unlike Cheap brands using MAX/PEAK ratings. Stick with good brands if u can.. it WILL save u headaches and whatnot.

Bronze Member
Username: 1stimer

Post Number: 29
Why on earth would you insult someone that is so generoous of his knowledge? Absolutely ridiculous! Glass, there are still most of us that value yours and others knowledge and insights...thank you!
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us