Viper and my 04 Civic

Username: Wikcivic04

Post Number: 1
I had a Viper Alarm installed into my car last week by a place that has a good rep around my area. I have a 2004 Honda Civic EX Automatic. After having it installed I picked it up, got in, started it, and there was a problem. I realized that the check engine light was on, and no matter if it was in reverse or park or neutral or drive, the drive light on the dashboard kept blinking. After trying to speed up, I realized the tranny wasn't picking up. My RPMs were running over 5 or 6, but my car wouldn't pick up over 30. I got home, since I lived real close, and called the Honda Dealer that I bought it from, I bought it new. They said it was probly something with a system shutdown, and they wanted to see it. So after being in the shop 5 days, they decide to unhook the alarm and see if the car worked. Well it worked fine, and they said the car is not compatible with this alarm. Have you heard of this? Is it possible to make it possible, because I really want to keep this alarm...If you could please post an answer, or preferably EMail me one at... basketball8080@optonline.net

dark_engulf
Unregistered guest
That is the story ALL dealers will tell you because they want you to get one of their factory brand of alarm installed(which is nothing more than them sending your car to an install shop and you paying more for it)

sad truth is that whoever installed your alarm screwed up the install. take your car back to the shop that installed it and tell them what happened. if they are a decent shop they'll take care of it.
more than likely they are a douchebag shop and you'll have to fight and argue with them, then take it somewhere else to have it installed right

speedo
Unregistered guest
dealers suck. i have an 03 chevy tahoe i bought used. i installed a viper 791xv alarm with remote start into it. recently i got out of my truck and dispite removing the key from the ignition, the truck would not shut off. i went through the usual check of the system to make sure everything is hooked up correctly, because that's what i do to make my living. i install alarms. i took my truck to the dealership to have it fixed. i explained that i checked everything out even disconnected the brain and remote relay pack from the system and it still would not shutoff. so the problem was somehwere else in the truck. (i could shut it off by pulling out a relay under the hood in the fuse panel). the service guy then called out one of his techs to have a look. the tech began to tell me that you can't hookup an alarm to this vehicle because of some wiring issue BS. i listened to what he had to say and nodded when i was supposed to waiting for him to finish insulting my intelligence. then when he was done i called his manager over and told him that i didn't want this idiot to work on my truck because he is full of it and tried to spoon feed me a bunch of crap. the tech was offended and began to tell his manager what he told me. the manager agreed with what the tech had said and began to spoon feed me some more BS. only this time, there was some sugar sprinkled on top. i interrupted the manager and informed him of where i work and how could all of what he said be true, if they, more specifically, HE has sent these trucks (for customers) there to have alarms and remote start systems installed.
to make a long story short, they discovered that the main ignition wire harness was faulty and somehow shorted out under the dash about 2ft from where i made my connections.
dealers suck.

dark_engulf
Unregistered guest
LOL!

that's why i don't buy warranties from dealerships and i don't have them work on my car.
they are all morons.

Username: Dustin1212

Post Number: 1
who ever installed your alarm is a moron and skrewed up the wiring. i installed a viper alarm in to my brothers 04 civic, it's been a year and a half and it's worked fine.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us