Building my own ported box project

Silver Member
Username: Dpaw20

FL USA

Post Number: 141
Ok, I ordered my an Obcon box for my 2 Alpine 12" Type-R's and I think its tuned too high, because the deepest, deepest sounds (im guessing around 20-35 hertz if not higher) sound, well, terrible. I want to build a box built to the specs of my subs and tune it, I guess, around 28-30 hertz? Would it really sound WAY better than a premade box thats probably tuned to high?

For the other part, building. I know the supplies don't cost much + I have wood cutting tools (are ther're any tools specificly for building a box?).
Here are some of the questions I have:
-Do I have to use WinISD?
-Is it REALLY hard? Is it hard at all?
-Could I do it within, say, 2-3 weeks doing some every day?
-Are the calculations really complicated?

I think I can do it unless it takes a professional or somthing. I've never really worked with wood stuff, but Im not stupid, it would only take a day to learn how.

Overall, would you guys really recomend me doing this to get the best out of my subs?

lol, also, what would I do with the box ive already drilled into? Seriously, I dont want to waste $150 if I do this.

Bronze Member
Username: Jthree

Bay area, Ca Usa

Post Number: 22
well of it is a port tube than you could try to take it out, buy a tube that fits your freq. and fabricate it into the old hole.

Silver Member
Username: Dpaw20

FL USA

Post Number: 142
lol, its not a port tube. Also, where can I get Alpine's specs? I went to their site and they only had the 05' models.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us