Need some advice on current system

Unregistered guest
I just need some advice on different options I might have on improving my current system. I can hook up a system and do all the jury rigging (if applicable) but I'm still kinda green on a lot of the technical stuff. This is my system in my 2001 Grand Caravan:

Kenwood KFC MP-522
2 Infinity Reference 6802cf 5x7's on the dash
2 Polk 6 1/2 two-ways in the doors
2 Polk 3 way 6x9's in the rear (halfway back)
California 400sx two channel amp 2 x 100
(the dash and door speakers are in parallel hooked up to amp, the 6x9's are hooked to the HU.

I'm still not happy with the sound. I don't know if I should get an amp for the 6x9's or get a sub. Money is tight, if I spend a lot, my daughter won't be able to eat, hehe.

I don't know if I need capacitors for the 5x7's, because there were caps hooked up to the speakers right out of the box. Whether they're the right ones I need, I don't know. Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks

Silver Member
Username: Bnd_rulez

Phoenix, AZ USA

Post Number: 185
What is it about the sound that you are not happy with, and what is your budget? Personally, I would get rid of the 6X9's and get a small sub.

Username: Vas

PA USA

Post Number: 1
Well, I the sound isn't full enough for me. More bass, I guess. Maybe some more suggestions to improve that I don't know about, or didn't think of. Budget? Hmmm... I'd say maybe 200, maybe more. Thanks.

Silver Member
Username: Bnd_rulez

Phoenix, AZ USA

Post Number: 196
Well you could grab a 10W1 from JL for cheao and slap a Kicker KX150.2 on it. You could also try filtering the 6X9's to only play bass with a simple low pass filter. Best case scenario, you save up more money and get a better sub and amp.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us