RE MT why not?

jimbo911
Unregistered guest
why isnt it a daily driver sub?...can it be? how many watts to push it sufficiently?

jimbo911
Unregistered guest
if i were to run the 18" MT with 2 600x1 rms @ 2 ohm how much louder would it be than the X.X.X with 2 600x1 @ 2 ohm? given it was in an enclosure built to specs in the same 4 door passenger vehicle in the trunk?

jimbo911
Unregistered guest
also does anyone know if they are on backorder and about how long it would take to get shipped out?

Silver Member
Username: Solacedagony

New Jersey US

Post Number: 304
Call RE. www.reaudio.com
The phone number is there.

Silver Member
Username: Taylor17

Kopperl, Texas

Post Number: 982
It's not a dayly driver because, it's not an sq sub. It's ment to get loud, but that's it. The x.x.x is an sq/spl sub. Not for sure, but 1200 watt's rms should be fine for that sub.

Silver Member
Username: Subfanatic

Walton, Ky

Post Number: 996
babybrock pushes like 2500 watts to the 12 inch MT

Gold Member

Kopperl, Texas

Post Number: 1004
Ya, but I wouldn't recomend doing that.

Silver Member

Walton, Ky

Post Number: 997
why not...thats what it takes

Gold Member

Kopperl, Texas

Post Number: 1005
Thats what it takes???

Gold Member

Walton, Ky

Post Number: 1003
haha idk...the site doesnt say...i dont think...

Gold Member

Kopperl, Texas

Post Number: 1008
I was thinking of the x.x.x's 1600 rms... my bad.

Gold Member
Username: Jonathan_f

GA USA

Post Number: 3484
You'll hear a couple of people say that they don't have horrid sound quality, but you won't win any competitions with them either. Really the people that will say their SQ is ok are the type that think that loud=sounds good. Too much motor for SQ, it overdampens the driver and has a boomy output, plus it is not designed for SQ type enclosures.

BaByBrOcK
Unregistered guest
actually in the right enclosure, u can get it to sound pretty tight. Don't get me wrong the sq is no where near xx.x, but it is not terrible either.

Sub is right, I am pushing 2500 watts rms to my 12" MT and I love it.

Also, it can be ran as a daily driver sub. I can blast hip hop, rock, and techno. But when I change genres to jazz and r&b, it hits quite nicely, with no adjustments. But again, there are some songs out there that even though are considered "soft" the MT hits too hard with them! And you're right, in an SQ comp, the MT would be somewhere close to last place.

What do u expect with a motor structure with the BL of 49.0. Definitely not SQ. But if properly ran, it can be very pleasing to hear, and know u can crank it up wayy more and it only get's louder.

Anonymous

well what im looking for is something that gets EXTREMELY loud. its more or less for competing in my daily driver. sound quality doesnt have to be great just has to be average. i have around $500-$550 for 1 or 2 15" or 1 18". amy other suggestions you might have throw them out there but remember i only have 2 600x1 rms @ 2 ohm amps.

BaByBrOcK
Unregistered guest
I heard an Avalanche is real loud with low power. I dunno, can't really get "EXTREMELY" loud with 1200 watts RMS. I say go for an 18" MT, and get at least 2000 watts RMS. You won't be disappointed.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us