15" Vs 12"... Music?

Bronze Member
Username: Swantlaphoenix

Tucson, AZ

Post Number: 28
Im either going to put a 15" Brahma in a 2 cubic foot box or a 12" Brahma in a 1 cubic foot box(both sealed). Now this is my first system and Im not sure which I would be happier with? I listin to rap, rock, Techno, pretty much everything. I love deep hard bass so I was favoring the 15 but then again will I get disappointed listining to techno on a 15??/ Opinions appreciated!

Silver Member
Username: Rob315

Cuse, NY U.S.

Post Number: 235
15's by adire are just as fast moving and punchy as a 12...when your in high end like adire they dont leave you with a sh*tty sounding sub...really the only difference will be that it will get alot louder and hit more lower notes..so as long as you like to hear the low notes on techno your good....and usually when you hear techno at a club, rave, party..its usually on 15" speakers anyways if not 18's.

Gold Member
Username: James1115

Wilton, Ct

Post Number: 1369
your amp also plays a very big role in how fast a large speaker will respond. It is called Damping factor. You are best to go with a top quality class a/b amp over a class D. Honestly if that is what you are looking for then its class a/b all the way.

Bronze Member

Tucson, AZ

Post Number: 30
Hmmm? What do you suggust as an amp for a 15" brahma then ? with a good damping factor

Silver Member
Username: Nnnnick_b

Nc Usa

Post Number: 179
What about a jl 1000/1

Bronze Member

Tucson, AZ

Post Number: 32
well its either that or the rockford Power T20001bd. for some reason I like the RF. The RF is fan cooled. they are both about the same price. Im new to this i dunno. What would you pick?

Gold Member

Wilton, Ct

Post Number: 1447
if its between the Rf and the JL go JL all the way.you wanna know a very good sub amp that you can get fairly cheap? Go on Ebay and find an Orion HCCA 250G4,GS,or competition amp and run the brahma at 1ohm with 800 watts but it is underrated so more like 900-1000 it is a amazing amp. Or try to find a PPI a1200.2(art series and run the brahma at 4ohms.

Silver Member
Username: Nnnnick_b

Nc Usa

Post Number: 189
What about a Zapco c2k4kw? would that be sufficient?

Gold Member
Username: Invain

Michigan United States

Post Number: 1178
yes, lol

Gold Member

Wilton, Ct

Post Number: 1458
yup

Bronze Member

Tucson, AZ

Post Number: 33
why pick the JL over the RF?

Silver Member

Cuse, NY U.S.

Post Number: 248
build quality and overall performance.

Bronze Member

Tucson, AZ

Post Number: 34
hmm. the jl 1000\1 it is. I just liked the RF because it was fan cooled. Are there other brands out there to consider to power this 15" brahma

Silver Member

Cuse, NY U.S.

Post Number: 249
i have an HCCA250 G4 i might be parting with too. not sure if that might interest you...ill let ya know by the weekend on whether or not im going to sell it but if your interested make me an offer...and i probably wont be able to say no lol

Bronze Member

Tucson, AZ

Post Number: 35
No thanks. This is my first system. I want everything brand sp@nking new. I dunno know what that is to tell you the truth .. lol

Silver Member

Cuse, NY U.S.

Post Number: 250
lol..thats cool.....let me know what you end up with
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us