Not liking the alpine CDA-9827

Bronze Member
Username: Hassan

Post Number: 11
hello every body
my brother just bought his fist car its a 2000 dodge neon. i told him that if he leaves it to me i could hook him up with a preaty good stereo system so the first step was getting him the deck. i have the pioneer DEH-P6600. i wanted to get him the same one at first becouse both of us like it but then i noteced that the alpine CDA-9827 is the same price but it plays mp3 and i read about it alot hear and most people recomend it so i bought it. but soon after instaling it he noticed that you cant control the sub, at least how he wants to. it turns out that the only way to control the sub is by increasing the over all bass and ofcourse that makes the speakers sound like crapp. i meased with every thing and nothing worked so i took it to the place i got it from and he said that is how it is sopposto be. on my pioneer you could control the sub without the speakers bass and you could also turn the sub of. my quistian is can i do that with the alpineCDA-9827? and what does subw on/off and 0-15+ supposto do
help would be highly apreciated

Gold Member
Username: Glasswolf

NorthWest, Michigan USA

Post Number: 6728
you need high pass filers on the speakers to block bass from them, or use the internal crossover for this if the 9827 has that.

I use a 9813 and it has a built in crossover so I can block lows from the components, as well as both preset EQ curves and a parametric EQ and bass level control.
it does pretty much everything I need it to, but if you want mroe control over the system think about using an EQ/crossover/preamp from audiocontrol or kicker.
that'd be a much better solution than expecting the ehad unit to do everything and still be affordable and easy to use.

Gold Member
Username: Jonathan_f

GA USA

Post Number: 2849
To add to that, the Alpine head unit sub level is not designed to boost bass output (although you'd think that since it's +15) you are actually supposed to set the gain with the sub level up, and cut the level from there.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 15
thanks for the replys
but what is the subw on/off feature supposto do

Gold Member

NorthWest, Michigan USA

Post Number: 6762
that enables or disables the subwoofer pre-outs of the head unit.

this is covered in the manual

Bronze Member

Post Number: 16
thank you glasswolf i was just making sure thats what i thought to but the installer said it only enables or disables the features not the pre-outs. soo i called alpine and they said that i was right and i have a bad unit so im taking it back and getting a new one. im thinking of gitting the pioneer DEH-P7600MP i found it on cardomain.com for 219. do u guys think i should get it im kinda worried becouse i never bought anything online before.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 17
im sorry i meant to write sounddomain.com not cardomain

Gold Member

NorthWest, Michigan USA

Post Number: 6780
same site really.
they're a good site.
never seen anyone have issues ordering from them.
you should be fine.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us