Who makes the worst subwoofers ?

Lt. Rosta Batch
Unregistered guest
Poweracoustik or Audiobahn. And any op. on what to stay away from.

Silver Member
Username: Deathshadow

Post Number: 364
Sony

JuNGLiST
Unregistered guest
Anything from a major store (i.e. Best Buy).

Silver Member
Username: Erik123456

Arlington, Tx

Post Number: 231
legacy and sony

Silver Member
Username: Johnnylemoine

LaPlace, Louisiana United States

Post Number: 326
Kole audio and power acoustik. they are the same people, and they both suck. Also dual. And that sh!t called BAJA from curcuit city when you purchase merchandise for 149 and above.

Bronze Member
Username: Addicted2bass

Miami, FLORIDA USA

Post Number: 96
Koiler
Blaupunkt
pyle jensen
Hollywood excursions
Klipsch
thump
powerbass

Bronze Member
Username: Suicideshifter

Bristolville, Ohio United States

Post Number: 77
http://p079.ezboard.com/fcaraudiotalkfrm27.showMessage?topicID=48.topic

try this site

Silver Member
Username: Jmloughrey

Farmington, CT

Post Number: 580
i've got a pair of blaupunkt 6x9s in my room for my ps2, they sound nice for that, as in a car though and subs, i'd stay away from em...i just needed something cheap, dont regret getting them though, even though they'll never see the interior of my car...

Bronze Member
Username: Trev87

Glennville, Georgia Usa

Post Number: 27
hey how do u run speakers like that to your ps2? cause i use my ps2 as my home cd player.

Silver Member

Farmington, CT

Post Number: 585
What i have done is i have my ps2 connected to my VCR, and then i have the audio out on my vcr going to a home audio receiver that powers the 6x9s, i had the receiver lying around in my basement from when my aunt moved in it hadn't been used in years so i adopted it as my own.

For my computer i have my sound card running to a Receivers Aux In lot where the reeciver powers 2 8" Roadmaster subs in custom box with 2 6.5" pioneer spekears and JVC tweeters, not to mention the JVC rear left/right and center speakers.

Bronze Member
Username: Subfanatic

Post Number: 17
damien and erik...id like to correct you...id also like to know what you have...because the new 12 inch sony explodes...hit really really hard...they make sh*tty amps...not subs..they are pretty kick a$$...trust me...they hit harder than comp vr's

Silver Member
Username: Zacdavis~

Post Number: 366
powerbass cheap?, ya right!
but yeah i think Thump are on the bottom, but this thread is pointless.

Gold Member
Username: Jonathan_f

GA USA

Post Number: 2830
I was wondering the same thing about his view towards Klipsch. They're not my favorites, but they're definately now low end.

Gold Member

GA USA

Post Number: 2831
*not low end.

Silver Member
Username: Addicted2bass

Miami, FLORIDA USA

Post Number: 105
evrybody has different opinions on subs. So basically what one person thinks is trash so one else will like. LIke Audiobahn. Some people hate them so much. And some people think that they rock

Silver Member
Username: Zacdavis~

Post Number: 368
good point

Bronze Member
Username: Trev87

Glennville, Georgia Usa

Post Number: 29
ok jeff but what kind of wire or hook up do you have going from the vcr to the home audio reciever and can i use a regular shelf system to do this?

Silver Member

Farmington, CT

Post Number: 589
simple RCA cable, one goes to my vcr audio out, other to my Receiver Input...

Silver Member

Farmington, CT

Post Number: 590
Sorry, thought i'd draw you a better picture,

i have to AV cable from the ps2 going into my VCR's Audio/video in RCA connections, i then have a 2nd RCA cable going from my VCR audio out to my Receiver audio in.

On my receiver its set to cd because it was meant for a cd player to be attached, on yours it may be Aux in, or something similar

I turn that receiver on when i'm playing my PS2 and the sound is sent from my ps2 through my vcr to the stereo receiver instead of going from PS2 to VCR to TV (or just TV depending on setup)

that should be a little more clear for ya

Bronze Member
Username: Bassfreak596

Post Number: 54
blaupunkt my friend has a section under the name 'velocity' which make close to awesome subs. they are competition subs. i dont think they are big in the usa cause they are german by origin. my friend has the 750wrms sub 12" running off a 944w 1ohm stable amp, and the outcome is mind blowing!
definitely not on the crappy list !

Gold Member

GA USA

Post Number: 2835
Usually when we talk about bad subs in general, we're referring to a build quality standpoint. Which subs will fall apart not long after you take them out of the box. Sound quality is such a subjective issue that you really can't force an opinion on somebody, but you can tell them what build and material quality is.

Bronze Member
Username: Bassfreak596

Post Number: 56
i dont have a stand on that because i dont know about its build quality.
i can only say that its been two and a half years that he is using that setup.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us