JVC CCD sensor

Username: Jetset

Post Number: 1
My JVC GR-D23 camcorder is not showing any image on the LCD monitor. Screen is black but text is displayed. In fact it asks for Lens Cap to be removed, when this is so already. However image displays when tape is played back. Also nothing can be seen through the viewfinder either.

I took it to a repair shop, and as soon as he saw the camcorder, without me saying anything, he described my exact symptoms. He said that this was the 4th camera with the same problem in a week! He said it has a faulty CCD Sensor and the camcorder is vertually a write-off. He suggested that as I've just missed the guarantee, i should check whether perhaps a faulty batch was produced which were called back.

For me, this was a really an expensive purchase, so I'll go crazy if I have to throw it away. Has this fault happened to anyone else?

Username: Jaloed20

Ft Stewart, GA USA

Post Number: 1
Yes and I just missed the warranty as well. The same problem happen to a Minolta camera that I have and when I called the company they explained to me that there was a recall on the camera and that they will fix, and cover the shipping costs even though the camera is 3 years old

Post Number: 2
Jossilia, Do you mean JVC had a product recall, or Minolta?

Username: Jaloed20

Ft Stewart, GA USA

Post Number: 2
Minolta, but today at the JVC Customer service they told me that if it was the CCD Sensor they will fix it for free, you only have to send the camera.

Post Number: 3
Thanks for that. I will email them and hope that I will get the same response! Thanks

Post Number: 4
if any one is interested.......

http://www.jvc.co.uk/knowledge-list.php?id=4#0
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us