How to convert Sony TRV280 D8 tapes to DVD?

dtb5571
Unregistered guest
Howdy all,

I have a Sony TRV280 digital 8mm camcorder. I want to take the 8mm tapes and put them on DVD so I can give copies to my family.

According to the instructions that came with my camcorder, I can use the i.Link cable with a Sony Vaio computer and there is a "burn to dvd" button on the camera.

Well, I don't have a Sony Vaio computer. What I do have is a Gateway computer with USB ports. The camera software allows me to view and save the video as AVI via streaming USB.

Is there a better way? Will the AVI saved to my computer be the same quality as on the 8mm tape? If so, I suppose I can get some software to merge the AVI files and put them on a DVD.

BTW, I have an external USB 2.0 Sony DVD burner which has an i.Link port. Out of curiousity I put a blank dvd in the burner, and hooked the camcorder directly to the burner via the i.Link cable. When I hit the "burn to dvd" button on the camcorder, nothing happened (didn't think it would, but had to try).

Anyway, does anybody have any recommendations? I just want to take my digital 8mm tapes and put them on DVD.

Thanks a bunch,
Dan
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us