Transfer Stills from Sony miniDV to computer - How?

Unregistered guest
I picked up a Sony DCRPC100E secondhand. I can transfer video to computer with no problems at all via firewire card and cable. I use WinDVD Creator for this.

However, I cannot get the stills off the memeory card in the camera. What is the usual method for carrying out this task. I have the manual and it talks about another piece of equipment separate to the camera for executing this task. Is this necessary? Is this the only way? Is there another piece of software that will communicate with the memeory in the camera to perform this task?

These questions and more to be answered soon by you. Thank you.

Gold Member
Username: Project6

Post Number: 2233
http://129.33.22.8/SRVS/CGI-BIN/WEBCGI.EXE/,/?St=204,E=0000000000413810858,K=901 ,Sxi=1,Case=obj(350190),TS=External,UseTemplate=response_case.tem

Sabrina
Unregistered guest
Yes there is another peice of equipment needed for this which is the Serial Port Adaptor for memory stick, pc seriel cable and ac adaptor for serial port adapter these three items came with the camcorder.
However on my pc at the top there is a flap which allows me to insert the memory card straight into my pc. Does yours have this?

Gold Member
Username: Project6

Post Number: 3005
If you already have a slot on your pc that is meant for multiple meomry card types, it will work without any further complications.

Just insert the card and the computer will recognise the memory card.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us