How to convert Mini DV to VHS tape?

newbie2004
Unregistered guest
I have a panasonic PV-DV103 mini DV camcorder and I need to transfer the video from that to regular VHS tape. I noticed there is a cable(one round end for mini DV and 3 plugs for VCR/TV) coming with the camcorder which supposed to connect the camcorder with TV/VCR. But when I hook them together, I can't either view it on TV, or record it using VCR.

FYI -- I didn't set any mode when I use mini DV to shoot video.

So how can I transfer it from mini DV to VHS tape?

Thanks a lot,

Unregistered guest
Stick the 3 plugs connectors ( red, white and yellow)into the vcr.
Switch the camcorder on to play mode.
On VCR remote , press AV button ( you may have to do this a few times).

Stick in vcr and press record and that should work.
Any probs email me sandmania@yahoo.com

Unregistered guest
I have a mini DV tape that I recorded in Paris, France.. Using a friends camcorder ( who is in france ) . I would like to watch the tape, but how do I put it on DVD or VHS ? Is there a bigger VHS tape I can put this small one into ?
Please help

Julie
Please e-mail me with suggestions. tp_slc_jnichols@msn.com

LiQUiD
Unregistered guest
if you have a miniDV camcorder place it in there and watch it or transfer it to your computer and make it a dvd...

good tip sandmania, thanks,

LiQUiD

tonksie
Unregistered guest
I actually have the same problem. Whenever I play the mini DV on the TV in the "TV/VHS channels" and hit record, it only records whatever TV channel I was on before and not the actually tape. And I can't find the AV button on my VCR remote.

Unregistered guest
Hi, I did a Mini dv recording with someone eleses recorder and i need to covert it to a vhs tape any soulotions??

« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us