Vertical lines !!

Username: Tezandhev

Post Number: 1
Have not used my Canovision 8 for some time and am now alarmed to find that when I look through the viewfinder there are vertical bars on the screen and the picture cannot be seen. Everything else is OK. A repair bod said parts no longer available but don't give up that easy. Anybody got any ideas? Please.
Tez

Gold Member
Username: Project6

Post Number: 1911
have you tried cleaning the heads?

Username: Tezandhev

Post Number: 2
Hi Berny
Yes, cleaned the head with cotton bud dipped in mild soapy water. No improvement.
Tez

Unregistered guest
I was surprised to find that my 3 year old Sony Camcorder was showing vertical lines during playback. After trying a couple different head cleaners it just got worse. I finally paid to have it checked out. They told me that the tape heads were worn out and must be replaced. (I'll just save for a new one). But that may be what is going on with yours. The lines were seen during playback and while recording...looking through viewfinder. The repair man told me that my old tapes, even if they were played on the camcorder after the lines appeared should be fine, but that anything recorded after the lines would be on the tape. Hope this helps some :-)
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us