RCA to exposed speaker wire?


New member
Username: Crazylegs

Post Number: 1
Registered: Oct-04
I have a question, if anyone has the time to help me out.

I recently got home theater speakers for cheap off of Ebay. Well, as it turns out, they are specifically designed to plug into the back of a DVD output. Meaning, all of the connectors for the speakers are the RCA (red and white) type connectors. Not necessarily a bad thing, but I was hoping to get everything hooked up through a receiver.

So how would I go about getting the RCA plugs into the exposed wire clamps that are on the back of receivers? I was thinking of cutting off the RCA plugs, but I am not an electrician, and was worried about not being to do anything with the wires in the cord. How will I know which wires are +/-, and how will I know which is left and which is right channel?

Sorry if this doesn't make sense, but I'm new to this. Thanks in advance for any help!

Unregistered guest
Don't do this!

The RCA plugs operate at a higer impedance than speakers. you will distroy the outputs of your amplifier if you do this. I think you can buy adapters to correct this. Go to your local electronics store and tell them what you need.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us