JL audio 10w0 licks

Silver Member
Username: Purplehase_bong

Bc Canada

Post Number: 145
why the F*ck do they sound like sh!t? i had them in a bandpass box.

Silver Member

Bc Canada

Post Number: 146
maybe i need a new amp? i got the rf 401s hooked up to them. i bridged them to 2ohm's and there running off one channel. i was looking at this amp JBL PowerValve BP-150.1 is it any good? will it make them hit harder because its mono?

Gold Member
Username: Jonathan_f

GA USA

Post Number: 1222
1. It's in a bandpass box. Sealed or ported for subs if you want to have really good SQ.
2. Power is power, mono, stereo, doesn't matter as long as the sub gets the power it wants. Give it 125-150W RMS and it'll be good to go.
3. It's the lowest end JL Audio sub, it has good SQ, but that depends on what you're comparing it to. You can't expect a lot for that price, and the fact that it has a JL nametag for that price kind of makes it even less value for the money (JL tends to be overpriced)

Silver Member
Username: Jmloughrey

Farmington, CT

Post Number: 167
I just cant seem to get myself onto the JL bandwagon, you can find much better products for much better prices, they make nice amps and subs and whatnot, but i just cant bring myself to shell out that kinda money on there products. I'd rather have a 12" RE X.X.X then a 12"W7 anyday...

Silver Member

Bc Canada

Post Number: 147
so im underpowering them because there each getting 100watts?

Silver Member

Bc Canada

Post Number: 148
hmmmm maybe ill buy another JBL gt 120 and buy a JBL amp for it! then they will rattle teeth

Silver Member
Username: Insearchofbass

Post Number: 175
go sealed youll like it alot better i used to have one years agono am lanzar opti 50 (old school) 100 watts at 12.6 volts...in one word bandpass is not good... ok two words hehe

Silver Member

Bc Canada

Post Number: 169
i have a sealed box and they do not hit nearly as hard as the bandpass. so i dunno

Silver Member

Post Number: 177
oh shoot i just realized you had the 10 yeah they do stink. I was thinking the 12 w 0.

Silver Member

Bc Canada

Post Number: 170
yup time to change it to bandpass

Silver Member

Post Number: 180
the reason that bandpass hits harder is because the box is more efficient 4 db in theory plus i just read most bandpasses peak at 60 hz zone

Bronze Member
Username: Kickercomp

Tampa, FL USA

Post Number: 56
put them in a slot ported box and they will be alot louder

Silver Member
Username: Jayj

Louisiana USA

Post Number: 457
First of all how did you come up with bridging that amp at 2ohms?? That is NOT a 1ohm stable amp. You are going to lose that amp if you have those subs wired parallel then bridged. Second if you want something that rattles teeth then you are going to need more then 2 little 125 watt subs. Try moving up to say 300-500watt subs with proper amp with them. And a ported box not bandpass. Bandpass boxes just plain out sound like crap. Good Luck

Gold Member
Username: Jonathan_f

GA USA

Post Number: 1332
You'll only see the benefit of a bandpass box with more power. In a bandpass or ported box, the tuning frequency is actually when the subwoofer has the least excursion, for example, if a sub has 28mm x-max and you give it the rated power, it will likely only reach 1/4, 7 mm, of the excursion it's capable of with the rated power, the port is what adds volume. So, if you give the sub more power at that certain frequency (a LOT more power) you can push the sub to mechanical excursion and get a huge db gain. Of course, with daily driving, you will damage the sub at any frequency except the tuning frequency, and you can still thermally damage the voice coils at the tuning if you run the sub too long as you're thermally overpowering the sub, although the mechanical excursion is controlled. W0s are some of the weakest subs out there for SPL, you'll need more power and better subs to impress you.

Silver Member

Bc Canada

Post Number: 171
i ment wired them to 2ohm not bridged JayJ, and i also said im gonna get another jbl gt sub. a pair of jbl gt subs will make ur teeth rattle.

Username: Johnnylemoine

LaPlace, Louisiana United States

Post Number: 2
if i were getting jl subs i wouldnt get anything lower than a w3
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us