Question about wiring..

Unregistered guest
I have a quick question. i have two kenwood 12 inch subs, they are 200 watts RMS each...and i have a 201s punch amp...its a 600 watt amp, 200 rms. both subs are the same, they are svc 4ohm subs. my amp is a 2 channel amp and its bridgeable. now heres my question. will that amp be strong enough if i bridge them together? or should i put each on a seperate channel. or should i get a better amp? any help is much appreciated..im kinda new at all this stuff. i also have a .5 farad cap, would installing that help?

Gold Member
Username: Jonathan_f

GA USA

Post Number: 1165
You need a two ohm stable mono amp that puts out 400W RMS or a two channel that puts out 200x2 @ 4 ohms. With that amp, you'll only give each sub 100W RMS.

Gold Member

GA USA

Post Number: 1167
By the way, you can NOT bridge that amp with two 4 ohm subs, it presents a 2 ohm load, and that amp is only stable to a 4 ohm bridge.

Anonymous

You could use a better amp but its good for those subs since the subs aren't that great either. just put them in seperate channels. The closer the RMS ratings are together the cleaner the sound will be. Ditch the cap too. Don't need it.

NewbieChris
Unregistered guest
hmmm....ok....so i need a better amp...any good deals you guys know of? because im not lookin for a system to bring down the neighborhood, just a nice thump for me myself and i..lol, if i got a better amp would it sound better?

NewbieChris
Unregistered guest
like..any good deals on ebay? i cant spend too too much...but with my birthday comin up real soon ill have some extra cash floatin around...

Silver Member
Username: Davids2004

Houston, TX USA

Post Number: 537
I got a 401s if interested to sale.

Silver Member

Houston, TX USA

Post Number: 538
Above post. Amp is rockford fosgate 401s. That amp will give each sub 200 rms.

Gold Member

GA USA

Post Number: 1169
Kicker 400.1, should be cheap on ebay, not sure what your budget is.

newbiechris
Unregistered guest
how much u sellin the 401s for??

Silver Member

Houston, TX USA

Post Number: 540
115.00 shipped.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help