Are my audiobahn 6x9s junk?

Unregistered guest
i paid 100$ for a new pair of audiobahn acx-693 speakers...3 way, external x-over...they came factory sealed, they retail for about 220$ i think they were last years mode, thats y they were so cheap. they handle 215 rms, 40 oz magnet...ect...i hooked them up using the x-over, just running them off my head unit...they sound great till about volume 30 out of 50...i usually run my system about 38 or so, so i need to fix this problem...they distort bad and crackle and stuff. yes, i have them wired to the x-over correctly. any help would be GREATLY appreciated....im about to throw them in the road anbd run them over. thank you.

Gold Member
Username: Jonathan_f

GA USA

Post Number: 1023
If you can take them back, I'd definately do so. They are poorly made and nowhere near worth what they retail for. Look into Infinity Kappa or Reference 6x9's for a good 6x9 with great sound quality.

Silver Member
Username: Mattl

Bolingbrook, Illinois USA

Post Number: 371
You can't run 100W RMS speakers off a 25W head unit lead. They'll never sound right.

-Matt

Gold Member
Username: Jonathan_f

GA USA

Post Number: 1075
No, but the "215W RMS" 6x9s he was running weren't any better. He can always get an amp for them.

Donovan
Unregistered guest
Listen to Jonathan, I had Audiobahn 5.25 and 6x9 and replaced them a week later with infinity because of their sound
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us