Two amps to one battery

Bronze Member
Username: Jtb

Post Number: 38
Can anybody tell me how I would go about connecting two amps to one battery? I have a kicker 550.2 amp for my subs and then a kicker 120.2 amp for my two 6.5" up front.

My friend gave me something that is supposed to connect two amps to one battery, not sure what its called. it is about 5 inches long and has two small ports for wires and then one large port for wires, and then a plastic cover.

Also I have an 8 gauge wire right now running my 550.2 amp, so will i need a lower gauge wire when i connect both amps?

Silver Member
Username: Davids2004

Houston, TX USA

Post Number: 492
Its proably called a distrubtion block. Basically you have one wire coming from the battery going in one side and holes for other wires out the ohther side. For the 550.2 I would use 4 gauge and the 120.2 8 gauge. Look on ebay for a dist block that will accept one 0 gauge in and 3 4 gauge out. It should look like a T shape. Then run a 4 gauge from the battery to the dist block then 4 gauge out to the 550.2 and 8 gauge out to the 120.2.

Silver Member
Username: Jmloughrey

Farmington, CT

Post Number: 107
davids...you wanna take hose words right outta my mouth?

Gold Member
Username: Jonathan_f

GA USA

Post Number: 1098
4 guage will be plenty for both of those amps, I'd do 4 guage to the dist. block, then 4 guage to either both of them, or 4 guage to the sub amp and 8 to the 120.2. 1/0 guage is insanely expensive and not needed in this case. If you get a 4 guage kit, the chances are you'll have enough power wire to run to the block and both the amps, that's why I recommend running 4 guage to both if possible. If not, 8 guage is plenty for the 120.2.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us