Its done but im confused

Silver Member
Username: Grmncrsnbr

VA

Post Number: 329
I picked up my car from the audio shop today after having my two tens installed with a two channel amp. When i went to adjust the subwoofer level it did nothing. I called the shop and they said it was my head unit that wasnt putting out enough although i know that they are 4V pre outs so it should be fine. I checked the gain and if it is on nominal the subs are pretty quiet. Could they have plugged the inter connects into the wrong jacks? I havent had time to open it up and i dont have the special tools. Could this be the problem though?

Silver Member

VA

Post Number: 330
well i fifured it out. The subs are plugged into a speaker pre out cuz the high pass filter was affecting them and cut them off at one point... Ill have to look at it thursday

Bronze Member
Username: Invain

Post Number: 25
Your head unit shouldn't be "putting out", should it? Aren't there RCA cords running from the head unit to your amp?

Silver Member

VA

Post Number: 331
yes im sorry but the pre outs put out a certain voltage and since the alpine amp ihave has a minimum acceptance this was a possible issue. Yes of course there RCAs running im talking about pre outs you use RCA interconnects for those. The problem is solved thanks for no input

Gold Member
Username: Jonathan_f

GA USA

Post Number: 1079
Thats what I was about to say, they hooked the RCAs to the rear speaker preout.

Bronze Member
Username: Loudon

Post Number: 47
You shouldve gotten yourslef a Mono Amp.. not a 2 Channel

Silver Member

VA

Post Number: 332
im sorry it is mono
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts