Infinity Kappa componets horrible mid bass?

Gold Member
Username: Kpa2727

Old Bridge, NJ USA !

Post Number: 1645
I have a set of infinity Kappa Componets their about 2 years old. I rcently replaced my sub amp and been trying to retune things. one issue I never quite solved is almost no midbass. I used to have them un amped on my alpine CDA-9886 head unit. on there I seemed to have plenty of midbass. ever since amping them on my alpine 350 rms amp I lost midbass. I have some but it just seems lacking. I got rid of rear fill so I just run my Fi Q woofer and the componets. Any input? I think I maybe canceling out frequencies.

Bronze Member
Username: Estima04

Post Number: 16
Hi i had been asking a similar question and did find out some solutions,

check to see if you amp is set to high pass if it is set to normal no filtering.

also I found out that attempting to seal most of the doors maintenance holes and adding a better seal than the normal plastic weather sheet which is held on by black tar like glue makes a huge difference. i can say i got 50 percent more bass than before and thats being modest. but my old weather shield plastic sheet if thats what it is, had big rips in it.
The way im starting to look at it is bass works on sound pressure and subs need an enclosure if your speakers need bass improve its enclosure. Talking from experience only as they say on paper its to be used in infinite baffle and no encosure but it whats worked for me.

Platinum Member
Username: Glasswolf

Columbia, South Carolina America

Post Number: 14837
speaker location and environment can have a large effect on frequency response. Also check your XO settings, and make sure your amp for the Kappas is set to high-pass, and try a crossover point of about 100Hz, 12dB slope (Q), with phase set to zero (0)

Set the sub XO to 50-60Hz low pass, 18dB Q, 0 phase

make sure you don't have one of your Kapps speakers or crossovers wired out of phase. that causes cancellation which results in no low end.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Add Your Message Here

Bold text Italics Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image Add a YouTube Video
Need to Register?
Forgot Password?
Enable HTML code in message

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us