Cliford Car Alarm - FOB Battery Drain

Username: Unclerico13

Post Number: 1
To be clear, I am talking about the two 3 volt CR2016 batteries that go in the KEY FOB remote that arms the remote, not the battery in the car itself.

Does anyone know what would cause the KEY FOB battery to drain one of the 3 volt batteries in a 24 hour period. I ran into a problem where my CLIFFORD ALARM would not disarm. I've had this alarm for about 4 years and I've never had a problem.

I changed the batteries in my KEY FOB and it worked fine, then 24 hours later it was dead again. I pulled the batteries and took a reading with an electrical tester. One of the two was down around 1 volt where the other was fine at 3 volts. I replaced BOTH batteries just to be on the safe side, it worked fine, then 24 hours later...down again. I changed to my back up key FOB...same scenario, different FOB, same drain problem.

Has anyone ever had this experience before? If so, what's the solution?

Thanks in advance.

Username: Vovik8

Post Number: 1
The problem in the remote key. Rinse with alcohol, blow and dry. If this does not help, you need to replace the key fob. This is the fault of the encoder remote control, repair is not subject. Good Luck. Yours Faithfully, Vladimir.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us