Radio code required for a 2001 Ford Fiesta (uk)

Username: Linz2449

Post Number: 1
Hi, I'm a newbie. Need advice on how to get my radio code. Just bought a second hand Ford Fiesta but unfortunately the battery must have been disconnected at some point as the radio's asking for a code and I didn't get a manual or radio card with the car. I've been reading up on here and have tried a few suggestions but haven't seen anything which sounds the same as mine.
The radio appears to be the original but all it says on it is Traffic 3000 so I've no idea who makes this. To try to get the serial number, I've tried holding down the 6 key and pressing 2 but nothing happens. I've also tried Pressing 6 and 1 and I do get a code, but it's not the code (like M****** )as everyone else seems to be stating. I get the following:
DSP50600400 then underneath these numbers it has 255.
FYI, the display says CODE then 6 when switched on so I've not tried too many times yet so I'm hoping there is some hope for me!!!
Can anyone please advise me? It looks like I need a special tool just to get the radio out of the dashboard so I'd rather not have to but if that's the last resort then I'll find a way and come back with the M number. Thanks very much for your time and I'm grateful for any attempts to help me. I miss driving to work listening to the radio.
Linz

Gold Member
Username: Regrooster

Post Number: 8941
The radio will have to be removed from the dashboard

===================================
Here is a video showing how to remove a standard radio from the dashboard.
A pair of extractors are required (available from Ebay etc ) but these can be made from 2 pieces of bent, wire coat-hanger or 4 small drills(using the blunt end) or 4 small Allen Keys or 4 small screwdrivers or 4 nails or even 4 darts.

An assistant is useful to pull the radio out whilst you are releasing the 4
securing clips

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=urC-4NbXvDQ

Post Number: 2
Thanks for this Regrooster. I thought this might be the case, I'm just one of these "hard way" people lol. I'll do that tomorrow and get the info you require.
Thanks so much for your time.
Lindsay

Post Number: 3
Finally my tools arrived!

Ford Traffic 3000 M083371

Thanks in advance!!!
Lindsay

Gold Member
Username: Regrooster

Post Number: 8989
try code 0628

Post Number: 4
Thanks so much regrooster, code worked a treat! Loving it!!
You are a star!
Linz
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us