Help with my setup

Bronze Member
Username: Malby7

Post Number: 70
Ok gurus, here's what I have and it's your job to tell me what to do with it, because I would like to hear everyone's suggestions:

Car: Ford Focus Hatchback

Factory Speakers: four 6"x8" slots (2 in front doors and 2 in rear panels) filled with four infinity 6"x8" reference coaxials.

What I have:
1) JL Audio 300/4 (75 watts RMS/channel).
2) a pair of JBLC608GTi Components (6.5" midbass and 1" tweeter, 150 watts RMS).
3) Pioneer Premier DEH-P7500MP deck.
4) 1 JL Audio 10W7 hooked up to a JL Audio 500/1 amp.

Now what options do I have to hook all this stuff up? I know I can run the amp on 2 channel to the two JBL's up front in the doors and also the sub. Or, I can also run the two rear 6"x8" off of the deck for added midbass.

My goal here is Sound Quality, I would like a achieve a clean and crisp sound system. What do you guys recommend I do? Please help me because I'm loosing sleep over this!

Silver Member
Username: Mattl

Bolingbrook, Illinois USA

Post Number: 295
Skip connecting the rear deck speakers and focus (no pun intended) on making a nice stage up front with proper power.

-Matt

Silver Member
Username: Jonathan_f

GA USA

Post Number: 841
Just bridge the amp for the front components and hook them to the JBL's. It's all you need and will deliver optimum sound quality. 6x8's are terrible for premium SQ, forget them altogether.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us