Please need help Regarding an toxic amp 1500 watt

Username: Toxic1500

Post Number: 1
hi can sum1 help me i got an toxic amp 1500 watt connected to 2x 12inch kenwood connected to a JVC head unit, the problem dat im having is when i turn the volume up on ma head uni}t over 19 it turns of the protection light comes on my amp. when i reset my head unit as in switch it off den switch it bak on it works, i was thinking in changing my head unit or the amp, jus want sum advise before i blow my money on sumthing wrong plus dont wanna spend dat much. CAN SUM1 PLEASE GIVE ME SUM ADVISE jus joined dis forum....

Silver Member
Username: Mystre

Pemberville, Ohio USA

Post Number: 503
First of all, learn to type correctly please. It is hard to read and understand when ya tipe like dis. Not trying to be mean, just giving some advice. As far as the amp problem, I would get a different amp. Preferrably something name brand and not Sony, Jensen, etc.

Platinum Member
Username: Insearchofbass

2 hifonics 2607s, 2dcSounds12xls SPL\idmax12SQ

Post Number: 15326
"learn to type correctly please"

x2

Post Number: 2
o.k realy sorry about the typing wrong would an Alpine do it's a 4 channel amp. im don't now much about amps and that just want sum advise which amp would be best.

Platinum Member
Username: Glasswolf

Post Number: 13860
if the amp goes into protection at higher volumes, turn down the gain on your sub amp. when the gain is set too high, the amplifier will enter hard clipping as the input stage of the amp is over-driven. This will cause the amp to enter protection (thermal) to protect the speakers from damage.

If the system isn't loud enough, it just means you need a bigger amp. don't try to compensate by increasing the gain to get more volume. You'll just damage the speakers in the process.

Post Number: 3
o.k that realy worked my amp doesn't turn of now i put the gain on my amp down thanks alot every one for helping and giving me advise this forum realy helped out big time. if i have any other problem i let you nows.

Platinum Member
Username: Insearchofbass

2 hifonics 2607s, 2dcSounds12xls SPL\idmax12SQ

Post Number: 15369
glad you had some good fortune....welcome to ecoustics
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us