Installing 3 sets of tweeters?

Username: Spacecadet45

Post Number: 2
I have:
3 sets of 40w 3/4" Sony Tweeters, model xs-H20S

I want to know what I need to do to hook these tweeters up right and make them worth my while to have installed. I have a wagon and my idea was to cut out the fittings in the back hatch and fiberglass them flush, then repaint the fiberglass and indoor of the hatch. I want to know if I have to hook them up to an amp, how I should set the amp, and if the location I want is going to give me good sound quality. I have a tiny little 200w amp that I can use for it but it has regular speaker plugs, not the kind you can just twist the wires into...

Please help me out I've never installed tweters and I want to do it right,
Thank You

Platinum Member
Username: Glasswolf

Post Number: 13835
if you want to make those sony speakers worth your time, sell them.
sony doens't make anything that good for car audio, and simply adding tweeters isn't really going to help anything either.

Platinum Member
Username: Insearchofbass

2 hifonics 2607s, 2dcSounds12xls SPL\idmax12SQ

Post Number: 14863
x2

Post Number: 3
I'll feel bad I know theyre junk but my girlfriend bought them for me for my birthday so I want to use them. I have already replaced 2 sets of stock speakers with basic pioneer speakers and theyre holding up well, and I want to look into getting 2 or 4 6x9s and building an enclosure for those. I also have two audiobahn 12s on a "quantum audio" amp and theyre doing just fine, sometimes the bass just out does the midrange and highrange sound though.

Platinum Member
Username: Insearchofbass

2 hifonics 2607s, 2dcSounds12xls SPL\idmax12SQ

Post Number: 15054
your going to have an impedance mismatch

Post Number: 4
Well help me out, I can't sell them. What would be a negative thing from an "impedance mismatch"? Obviously I just jumped into this for a hobby but I don't know how to do it correctly, or where to find an article or book to read up on it that I can understand easily. I work much better with hands on!

Gold Member
Username: Illuminator

USA

Post Number: 5291
An impedance mismatch is unlikely given that they're just little tweeters.

You likely don't want all three sets hooked up, though...the treble is going to be harsh and overpowering (aka it's going to sound awful). Why three sets, though?

Just find a good place for them on the A-piller or top of the door panel and mount them. Wire them into the front speakers with a crossover and you're good.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us