Building component enclosures.

Silver Member
Username: Skdooley

Roanoke, VA Usa

Post Number: 921
Hey guys. I was thinking this weekend I might take off my door panels and back side panels to see if it would be possible for me to fit some small enclosures in there. Would it help my mid-bass out to place my 6.5 drivers in the front doors and my 6 x 9's in the rear walls in a small, sealed enclosure? If its worth it I may take the time and money to do it. If it really won't make a difference then I'll save myself the hassle. Thought I'd run it by you guys and see what you had to say. I also plan on getting my 300/4 sent off for repairs this next week to then run a clean 60 rms to my speakers (their max rms).

Silver Member
Username: Sleste8

Shelbyville, MI United States

Post Number: 300
well hopefully someone that has experience with this will chime in. i also really wanted to do this but im almost positive i wont have enough room... but id'e like to here the positive side of going through all the hassle, (like you said), and the difference in mid-bass response.

Platinum Member
Username: Glasswolf

Post Number: 13837
Don't bother.
If the speaker is a part of a 3-way component set, the midbass driver is designed to be used in an IB setup, or it's a sealed driver. Either way, using a small enclosure behind the midbass driver will destroy it's response characteristics.

Platinum Member
Username: Glasswolf

Post Number: 13838
PS you'd get better results spending the time to isolate and dampen that midbass driver in the door. mount it in wood instead of shet metal, and use sound matting like dynamat/damplifier II, or similar to prevent the door from resonating.
THAT will tighten up the midbass response properly.

Silver Member
Username: 420pimp2

Baltimore Atlantic Ci..., MD, NJ

Post Number: 986
the 6X9's in the back destroy the effect, simply put

Platinum Member
Username: Insearchofbass

2 hifonics 2607s, 2dcSounds12xls SPL\idmax12SQ

Post Number: 15055
some are of the opinion that some rear fill is ok depends which camp you talk to

Gold Member
Username: 420pimp2

Baltimore Atlantic Ci..., MD, NJ

Post Number: 1004
the average ear tho couldn't tell the difference . so if tuned right its almost unnoticeable to the pro ear? is it that close or still a touchy matter of opinion subject?
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us