Jensen VM9312 Source leak through the speakers

Username: Rockopico

Post Number: 2
I recently had a Jensen VM9312 multimedia head unit installed in my Tahoe. When the source is set to 'IPOD' and I plug an ipod into the MediaLink module, I can hear the FM radio through the rear left speaker, but none of the other three. Has anyone heard of anything like this before? Is this a problem with the head unit, or did the teenagers at Best Buy not know what they were doing? It seems like the only thing that could be causing this is a source leak of the head unit, which would suck because I really wanted to give 'ol Jensen a fair try before I dropped 1K on a Brand Name.

Any input, ideas, or suggestions about my problem are greatly appreciated.

Thanks Guys (and gals, if any)

Username: Jefffreyw

thanks for your post on my other thread. the same EXACT thing happens to me - left rear speaker only. and the volume is not proportional to the actual volume on the unit, i.e. the radio background noise doesnt get louder if you turn up the volume.

ive got a 98 lincoln town car, which is completely different from your tahoe, so at least we know its not a problem with a specific brand of cars.

Username: Jefffreyw

Post Number: 3
good news - i JUST talked to crutchfield, where i bought my unit, and they said that this is a known issue and we need a firmware upgrade which they are sending to me for free. i'll send you another message to let you know if it works or not.

Post Number: 6
Yep. You're right. I contacted Audiovox (makers of Jensen products) and they said the same thing. They're sending me a CD update to fix the problem. I only hope it doesn't include an update that disables the secret config menu for the brake override!!!!!

Username: Dnumba1stunna

Post Number: 1
Yup I had the same issue when I installed my 9311TS into my 07 Eclipse, I installed it so I knew that I did it correctly. I was pretty pissed when I heard it for the first time to about a week ago while I was watching a movie I could hear the radio, I was pretty pissed, but I did the same thing you both did, just called up Audiovox and ordered the upgrade CD, they were actually really pleasant and helpful which was odd lol. Guy said "just put it in and it'll do its own thing and upgrade". When I spoke to the customer service lady when I was filling out my order for the upgrade CD I asked how long it would take to get to me and she said about 5-7 business days so hopefully well all be getting ours soon. I will post back my findings when I get my CD. Also, as a TEMP solution till your CD's arrive, before you switch out of the Radio function, tune the radio to a station that is just static so when your in another source like Ipod, Aux, or DVD instead of hearing a beat from a song on the radio you just hear a very low hiss, and I dunno about you but its deff better than listening to two songs playing at once.

Post Number: 3
Been almost a week now, anyone get there upgrade CD yet? If so post your findings if it worked and if it changed anything else around.

Username: Wcuesta

i just bought a vm9312 and the video is great. i have the same problem with the radio. i had in my car a pioneer 5850, and the sound was tremendous, but now this dvdplayer is like a walkman. does any body knows what can i buy to increase the sound??? an equalizer or somthing??? thanks, and sorry if i made a mistake writing, i'm from venezuela and i only speak spanish.

Post Number: 6
make sure the gains on each individual source are up, when you go to settings there is an audio decibel boost for each setting.

Username: Qjesus

Mesa, AZ

i noticed that there seems to be no actual "loud" button but on the screen it has a display that it is there, but not turned on. is there a so called button or setting that you can choose to make it louder? also i have a 02 chevy and i have that leak through problem to. i thought that my girl was going crazy and she kept telling me. my friend heard it and so i FINALLY listened to them and heard it to. DAM IT! i really was hopeing that they were crazy!! if anyone can help with the LOUD "button" that would be awesome! thanks

Username: Mongo28

MD

Post Number: 7
I found that messing around with the EQ made the sound significantly louder than the stock setting... I have mine just set on "rock" right now and it sound amazing! Hope this helps, also I'm waiting on my upgrade CD now.... I also sent back my medialink because it would'nt produce any sound when in ipod mode...

Post Number: 7
Ok. I received the firmware upgrade CD from Crutchfield and it did indeed work. It took a ridiculously long time to install (over 20 minutes), so don't think that it's messed up or something when you see a blue screen for that long. It will eventually work. Haven't had the problem since the upgrade.

Also, I haven't seen the "Loud" button a previous poster referred to. Also not sure what "gain" setting another user was talking about with the audio decibel boost. My VM9312 doesn't have that. The only settings are in the EQ, and if you mess with them by turning them all the way up, the sound just becomes distorted and gnarly.

Post Number: 10
Rocky, glad to hear you got your CD and that it worked. Still waiting on mine over here. Also the gain setting that im talking about is NOT in the EQ menu its in the settings menu. When your on the radio or IPod function its that little thing that looks like a bunch of lines, that will take you to your settings/config menu. And the decibel/gain boost is in one of the menus on the left hand side of the setup screen. There you can boost each individual function up to 6db. Not much, but still a boost non the less.

Post Number: 8
ah ha. Gotcha PV. I need to press the config button on the screen (the little hammer and screwdriver icon) then adjust the gain from the menus on the left in there. Thanks for the tip!

Username: Wcuesta

HEY MAN, I LIVE IN VENEZUELA AND I THINK JENSEN ISN'T GONNA SEND ME THE CD. WHAT CAN I DO TO SOLVE THE RADIO PROBLEM??? THX.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 11
call/ go back to whoever you got it from and see if they can obtain the CD from jensen and get you one.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 12
Got my update CD in the mail today, popped it in and it took mabey ten minutes to do all the updating. Now it works PERFECTLY, and they dident change the 5,4,3,2,1,0 code to bypass the parking break. SAHH-WEET

Username: Mongo28

MD

Post Number: 10
Yep, I also got my cd in 2 days! It works perfectly, and just like dnumba1stunna said, the parking brake bypass is still working! I'm waiting to hear back from audiovox in regards to my medialink, and my ipod issue. I'm assuming it will be gone several weeks...

Bronze Member

Post Number: 15
Allright so I recently swapped out my 9312 for a 9412 because i really wanted a nav capable head unit, Im loving all of the new upgraded features that the 9412 has but, the break override code for the 9312 doesn't work and I CANT find a brake override bypass code anywhere, if anyone knows one that works that allows you to override the parking break safety feature or knows where i might find one it would be greatly appreciated. Thanks, Paul

Silver Member
Username: Robman0079

Post Number: 148
Hi i also own a VM9312, and the way you make the sub louder is by turning it off. To do this, you go to settings, then go to audio, and turn the subwoofer OFF. This is really weird, but it worked for my unit.

Username: Cookiefiend1228

Rotterdam, NY USA

the audiovox site has the update, with instructions. just burn it to a cd-r mine worked fine.
http://www.audiovox.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProdLinksCmd?type=upg&catalogI d=10001&storeId=10001&categoryId=&langId=-1&page=&urlString=&productId=&brand=

Silver Member
Username: Mmaudioconcepts

Murray, KY

Post Number: 197
the pre-output voltages on those sux

Username: Jonathan_j52

Greenfield, WI USA

I just installed the vm9412 into my 97 eclispe and I was wondering what do i hook the parking brake up to in order to override the blue screen that pops up when I insert a dvd

Username: Xcloosve

i bout a vm9412 a few months back and the guy at circuit city told me to hook up the pink wire on the back to a toggle switch which i put under my dash and then grounded it. so now when i put in a dvd the little screen comes up and i reach down and flip the button back and fourth a couple times and presto. also i've been searching for how to turn on the "LOUD" feature which i dont even think exists but its certainly on the pic of the unit. anyone help me on that?

Username: Jcirocz84

I have the vm9412 and I hooked up my subs to it and get very low sound can anyone help with this I know everything is hooked up correctly its hooked up the same as it was on previous units iv had

Username: Solano1

Montebello

how to get a update CD for my jensen vm9312

Username: Solano1

Montebello

get a crossover or a bass busster the will help you get louder bass i have it like that an it kicks

Username: Israelleite

I think you can change the gain if you go to the BAND/SETUP AND there is a audio option where you can select from 0-6 level. Try it and see if works.

Username: Bobby528

Cleveland, OH United States

overide right here guys go to the tuner mode then press the set up button. using the remote press 543210 this will bring up the hidden menu then press x in the lower left corner it worked for me..

Username: Stratusrt2001

hi my name is rodigo im from mexico i have the same problem but jensen said they cant send the disk to mexico, so im asking someone to upload the iso in rapid share or megaupload to help a lot of people that are in my situation.

thanks.}

Username: Jerinmichigan

I bought the VM9312 and hooked it up myself using the correct wire harness and it worked great when I had it using just the stock 4 speakers now that I hooked up my Infinity amp and subs the damn thing keeps shutting freezing and pretty much shuts down till I turn it off and back on. I messed with my AMP and the head unit and now Im able to turn it up to about 23 but damn if I turn it up to 24 it'll do the same thing. When I have it on just the tuner it will freeze for a minute and start over in volume 0. ANY HELP PLEASE!!!!!!! jerinmichigan@aol.com
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Add Your Message Here

Bold text Italics Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image Add a YouTube Video
Need to Register?
Forgot Password?
Enable HTML code in message

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us