Need a affortable amp for 2 jl audio w6v2 d4?????

Bronze Member
Username: Pistol_pete

Cavalier, Nd United states

Post Number: 63
i need a affortable amp with clean power that will deliver to 2 12'' w6v2 in a sealed box wich are going in a 2002 monte carlo. i was thinking about a lanzar 1500 mono or a soundstream 1500 mono. if anyone has any suggestions please let me now thanx

Platinum Member
Username: Rovin

1 15 = 152.5 DBs ...Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 16163
max budget ? .....

Silver Member
Username: Skdooley

Roanoke, VA Usa

Post Number: 502
Yuck and yuck. You have a high quality set of woofers there, you should look to get the same level of amp. I think a SAZ 1000D would do the trick. RF and Alpine also make good amps. If you don't want to spend that much atleast go with an AQ1200D.

Gold Member
Username: Van_man

Boston South, MA

Post Number: 5263
I second the aq1200 or even a aq2200 with proper set up.
even a hifonics bxi1600

Bronze Member

Post Number: 64
well i know from experience that alpine isnt all cranked up to be i had a 1000 mono and it stoped working and it didnt even sound good. i am looking for a 1 ohm stable amp, i dont know if it will make a drifrence if i hook them up parallel or series??? if not i can go with a 2 ohm stable amp. i am looking to spend 2-300 bucks

Gold Member
Username: Hdubb

Team Revolution

Post Number: 4299
i would look for a good used amp. both you mentioned..are not that good of amps. good inexspensive amps to look for....orion 2400,sundown sae1200 sundown saz1500. rd audio 1750, elevation audio dx1500. alot of good ones out there. btw...dont go by peak power ratings. always rms.

Silver Member

Roanoke, VA Usa

Post Number: 506
There is a guy on here selling his RD amps. He has 1000 and 1750 amps for sell. They'll be in your price range and are good amps. Also the AQ1200D is $249 shipped.

Bronze Member
Username: Arangov3

Post Number: 11
jl gmax

Gold Member
Username: Frkkevin

Team DLSSuperNatural...

Post Number: 7581
got a memphis belle mch1300.. not sure if you had a 4 channel or not

does 75 x 4 @ 4 ohm and 1100 x 1 @ 1 ohm

Bronze Member
Username: Glock40

Post Number: 40
i had a memphis prd1000.1 on 2 dub 6's and they got pushed extra, sounded great

but with those subs im with shawn, need a good amp like Memphis, Kicker, Sundown, AQ, Rockford, or Alpine, theres more great amps to list also

Bronze Member

Post Number: 65
i looked at the sundown amps and they are very good amps but also kinda spendy they were going for like 500 bucks on ebay i wana look at the aq amps and the elevation audio but cant seem to find them on ebay. does anyone know where i can find them?

Silver Member
Username: Wackzirth88

K-town, Il U.S.

Post Number: 361
Sundown sae 1200(1500 rms at 1 ohm ) is 315 shipped. U can find them on soundsoulutionsaudio.com, just go to the store link. Also check on db-r.com they sell new and refurbished sundown amps. For aq go to their site, audioque.com

Gold Member
Username: Somedonniedude

Illinois Braaap MX

Post Number: 3009
Another option would be ab RD 1000.1, theres a guy kevin on here selling some brand new ones cheap. here's the links...

https://www.ecoustics.com/electronics/forum/car-audio/629135.html

http://carstereoforum.net/showthread.php?t=4430

Bronze Member

Post Number: 66
qick question is there a diffrent sound if i hook them at a 1ohm load or 2ohm load?. also im gonna out them in my f-150 pickup just wondering if it would be louder in a ported box since they are gona be in the back seat? they are in a sealed box now

Silver Member

Roanoke, VA Usa

Post Number: 524
They will be louder in a ported enclosure yes.

Bronze Member
Username: Cwruck

Post Number: 94
ported will be louder, for the best sound quality for those subs tune lower like 32 hz. i know from experience, i have a w6.
and i dont like running amps at 1 ohm.. to me it sounds bad, its more distortion, and amps are more efficient the higher the ohm load.
if you can wire them at 4 ohms, look on ebay i have seen the jbl gto14001 go for around 170 the last few weekends. its cea-2006 compliant and it puts out over 1200 watts rms 4 ohms and 1500 watts rms 2 ohms. and its pretty effiecient as well.

nice subs too!!

Gold Member
Username: Loc_out

SoCal

Post Number: 3125
I would go with this amp a little bit over your budget but a solid amp.
http://cgi.ebay.com/Phoenix-Gold-Xenon-1200-1-Monoblock-1200W-Amp-X1200-1-/29041 5102974
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us