My WRX build log

Bronze Member
Username: Slo2sixty

Post Number: 12
Im gonna be adding onto this thread as i go along. First of all i will be ordering the FI ssd12 and be building a sealed 1.2 cube box. I have recently bought some Fatmat Rattletrap off ebay and installed it in my trunk over the past two days. Heres some pics of the trunk. It might not be the best looking thing ever but ur never gonna see it. Anyways here they are. Lmk what ya think. I'll be doing the doors later also.
http://s44.photobucket.com/albums/f33/Slo2sixty/Subaru/?albumview=slideshow

Turns out i dont know how to upload images on this site hahaha

Platinum Member
Username: Rovin

1 15 = 152.5 DBs ...Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 16063
cool man ...

Bronze Member

Post Number: 13
Thanks it really helped out alot. If you were in the back seat of my car and i was driving you would hardly be able to hear me talk. Now its bearable to be in the back seat of my car on the highway. cant wait to get the doors done.

Gold Member
Username: Jkidder

Worlds gunna end, In 2012

Post Number: 4218
if you put your ear up to my mouth in my car you would hardly be able to hear me talk

Bronze Member

Post Number: 14
Damn dude. What car? And what kind of db are you single ssd people getting

Bronze Member

Post Number: 16
My SSD12 is now ordered and i will be building my box this weekend. Will i need to screw the box together or will i be ok glueing it with glued in braces where the sides meet? I cant wait to get this thing in my car.

Silver Member
Username: Wackzirth88

K-town, Il U.S.

Post Number: 308
Y not go ported? Just curious

Silver Member
Username: Wackzirth88

K-town, Il U.S.

Post Number: 310
U can get away with just glueing and clamping the box sinces it's pretty small. Make sure u give the glue time to set up if ur only going to glue and clamp. If u have to use screws be sure to predrill, countersinking the screws always makes a nice finish too.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 17
"you should buy american instead of that jap crap thats whats wrong with this country"
FI subs are made in Vegas WTF are u talking about?

And zack i just wanted to save room in my car and be more towards quality. If i dont like it i'll build a ported box

Gold Member
Username: Shortysetnies

Andrew Capps, NC US

Post Number: 3547
WRX STi is my dream car...

Bronze Member

Post Number: 19
Sure dosent sound like a ricer. And its better than a V8 right about now. I got well over 300 hp when i need it and still get 22+ mpg. and like i said if ur gonna talk $hit just go somewhere else. THX

Bronze Member

Post Number: 20
Thanks Andy <-- this guy knows

Bronze Member

Post Number: 22
mines at 150k and i push 19psi every day shows how much u know... just go away and and leave my tread. Go b***h somewhere else

Diamond Member
Username: Wingmanalive

Www.stainles... .ecrater.com

Post Number: 22412
Longevity is equal to maintenance. Take proper care of anything and get the results you want.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 28
Ok, earlier today i finished up my fatmatting. I did all the doors and wow what a difference. My exhaust is a whisper now. Thinking about hitting up the roof too. Allmost fri which means time to buy wood and get my build on!!

Silver Member
Username: Simple_smith

Lapeer, Michigan United States

Post Number: 363
nice! looking forward to see more progress

Bronze Member

Post Number: 30
A waterline broke at my uncles so its a no go for this weekend.... Not a problem cuz its only been a week since i ordered the sub and his house is higher priority than a sub box. I got lots of time still.

Gold Member
Username: Livin_loud

MW2 Addict

Post Number: 3079
"if you put your ear up to my mouth in my car you would hardly be able to hear me talk"

^ wayyy too easy lol.

nice ride. wouldn't mind an STi myself. i plan on getting another vehicle after i get some deployment cash thrown my way. not sure what i want yet though...

Bronze Member

Post Number: 36
LAS VEGAS, NV, US 03/25/2010 10:37 P.M. DEPARTURE SCAN

ITS ON THE WAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Im building the box this weekend and il make sure to post pics!

Bronze Member

Post Number: 37
Heres a slideshow of my box build. I have a vid of the C&C machine doing the cut of the hole for the sub but its not uploading to my photobucket. IDK how im gonna finish it. Think im gonna im just gonna hit it with some spraypaint. What do ya guys think?

http://s44.photobucket.com/albums/f33/Slo2sixty/Box%20build/?albumview=slideshow

Silver Member
Username: Gcs8

Atlanta, Ga

Post Number: 339
thats a really nice shop, also good job.

Silver Member
Username: Simple_smith

Lapeer, Michigan United States

Post Number: 371
MDF would have been better, but particle board works too lol

Bronze Member

Post Number: 38
Its what he had at work so it was free. Free is good. It shouldn't make a difference. How do ya guys think I should finish it. Regular spraypaint?

Bronze Member

Post Number: 40
I added a few new pics and i am getting my new amp tomorrow. I gotta find out how to secure the box and mount my amp. The big three will get done soon also. Lmk what ya think guys

http://s44.photobucket.com/albums/f33/Slo2sixty/Box%20build/?albumview=slideshow

Platinum Member
Username: Insearchofbass

York, Pennsylvania

Post Number: 13807
link doesnt work

Bronze Member

Post Number: 41
Sorry man. copy and paste it will work
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts