Starting a system

Bronze Member
Username: Criminole

Tallahassee/atlanta

Post Number: 51
Hey fellas finally trying to get a good system together, but i need a lot of help/input... its going in an 07 yukon, dont really want to break the bank, trying to stay under 2500$. Already have an Eclipse headunit, and i want sql. Just really a nice clean loud setup would be great. Only would want two subs, and space isnt really an issue. 2500 would need to include amps, subs, wiring, and big 3. Thanks so much for any input!!

Silver Member
Username: Skdooley

Roanoke, VA Usa

Post Number: 408
People may say they're over priced but if you want nice SQL I'd recommend some 13 w7s. They're going to be a pricer route to take but worth it imo. Get you a nice custom ported enclosure with a nice 3k amp to run them, invest in a new alt and battery for the trunk and they'll sound great.

Platinum Member
Username: Nyyfan13

Northern VA

Post Number: 11850
Why doesn't that price include a front stage, which is the most important piece of a SQ system?

Silver Member
Username: Kyle_lowe

Post Number: 988
this guy had some rl-p 15s for sale
maybe he would be willing to part with two of them still

http://www.caraudio.com/forum/car-audio-classifieds/467116-fs-tc-sounds-soundspl inter-rl-p-15-woofers.html

Gold Member
Username: Bonhamd

Traverse City, MI

Post Number: 2108
alternator $400 or so
cresendo 3K, rd 3250, saz 3K....$600 or so
2 fully loaded Fi Qs - $700
crossfire 4 channel - http://www.caraudioclassifieds.org/forum/showthread.php?t=32798
$100
descent DLS component set - $200....ebay has good deals

that leaves $500 for a nice batt or two, wiring, and a box. might be a stretch for $500, but it might be able to get done

just an option....there are plenty of routes with your budget

Platinum Member
Username: Glasswolf

Columbia, SC USA

Post Number: 12648
I'd go with one sub. a single 15" or 18" with about 600-1000 watts from a class D mono amp by a decent byut affordable company. Kicker, MTX, Orion, PPI.. something like that

Then get a decent 2 or 4 channel amp from someone like Orion, PPI, or Alpine and run a decent set of front speakers. coax or components. choose those based on your own ears. If you have people in back, then you'll need a set of coaxials in back too.
Something affordable like Alpine type R drivers maybe?

for wiring, try parts-express.com or knukonceptz.com and get your wiring and connectors, fuse blocks, and dist blocks from them.

Silver Member
Username: Simple_smith

Lapeer, Michigan United States

Post Number: 368
Fi Q 18"
Audioque 1200d
DLS component set and an amp
Box
Wiring
Big 3
Decent battery

then throw some 5% tint up on that b!tch! haha

Bronze Member
Username: Criminole

Tallahassee/atlanta

Post Number: 52
well doesn't really matter now... just had my car stolen and stripped butt naked....preciate all the help though.

Silver Member
Username: Gcs8

Atlanta, Ga

Post Number: 338
wow thats fuked up.

Silver Member
Username: Skdooley

Roanoke, VA Usa

Post Number: 437
As much as that sucks, atleast you hadn't put all the money and time into a system and had it ripped off too. Wow..

Platinum Member
Username: Rovin

1 15 = 152.5 DBs ...Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 16124
^^^x2....hope ur insurance covers it ....
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us