Subwoofer 12 " the rubber which is glued to the surface of the sub is getting Off... Can i glue it again or Throw the Sub Away ????

Bronze Member
Username: Maxkilla

Malta

Post Number: 33
My 12" sub is making a noise when loading more than 100 RMS because the glue under the rubber part is not stuck well. I guess because of the heat of the summer its getting off. Can i reglue it or else i must throw the sub away ? i have only 1" which is not glued well... What type of glue must i use for the sub ?? and will it work well ???? 10x

Unregistered guest
what kind of sub is it? sounds like it has seen its better days, lol.

Bronze Member

Malta

Post Number: 34
Power Aqoustik Mofo 12" Seen its better days ??

Unregistered guest
Just a joke. sounds like a good sub..how old is it? I really don't know how good it will be after being glued back together. Whenever it has happened to me I have just replaced it. But it would be up to you. You could try some glue though. go to

http://www.speakerrepair.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Store_Code=genem &Product_Code=XL49&Category_Code=AIII+SP

Or go to google and type in speaker glue. hope that helps...

Silver Member
Username: Jayj

Post Number: 146
Andrew that sub isn't worth trying to fix. I would go get another sub.....

Silver Member
Username: Jonathan_f

GA USA

Post Number: 589
Fingernail polish works well. Use that to bond the sub. Info courtesy of Glasswolf.

Silver Member
Username: Sploosh56

Post Number: 232
Yea use fingernail polish if you want to keep the sub and use it. But if I were you I would sell it and get something else of higher quality.

Bronze Member

Malta

Post Number: 35
Its only 1 year old.... Can the box make any difference ??? Any fingernail polish from which part of the sub must i glue it ? The sub works wellalso at high volumes but if i put my head near the sub i hear the rattling of the sub....

Silver Member
Username: Sploosh56

Post Number: 236
What kind of box do you have it in. Jusr use the fingernail polish between the cone and the surround were it is puling apart. If you hear rattling then that means that the coils inside the sub are unraveling which is not a good thing. Sell that sub and get something different before you blow it.

Bronze Member

Malta

Post Number: 37
http://www.sounddomain.com/id/maltesemaxkilla

Here are some pics of the system with the bass box...b It's tuned on 40Hz for music...

Bronze Member

Malta

Post Number: 38
I just wanted to ask IF The SUN and Heat can make these type of effects on the sub ???

Somebody Knows Anything About Prevantion ???

Silver Member

GA USA

Post Number: 609
Yes, the sun and heat will cause wear on surrounds. Also damp conditions will kill surrounds, I usually put some good Armor All or similar product on the surrounds whenever I detail my car to keep them in good shape. They're just like tires, and can wear out over time.

Bronze Member

Malta

Post Number: 39
Armor All ... what type of product do you use for the surroundings ???

Bronze Member

Malta

Post Number: 40
Armor All .. What Type Of products and names for the sub surroundings do u usE ?

Silver Member

GA USA

Post Number: 621
Just regular Armor All, that's what I meant that I use it for, the surrounds, nothing else. Don't put the stuff on the cone or anything like that. This is for rubber surrounds only, by the way. You really can't do anything for foam.

Bronze Member

Malta

Post Number: 41
MMM people i went to repair the sub with the nailpolish and i found that not the rubber is causing the rattling but one of the Blue Spikes which is in the missle of the sub. Its made of plastic i guess. How can i arrange it ???

http://www.sounddomain.com/id/maltesemaxkilla
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us