Alpine cda-9886 help

Gold Member
Username: Somedonniedude

Illinois Braaap MX

Post Number: 2848
Picked up an alpine cda-9886. I thought they had a 5 band graphic eq WITHOUT the PXA-H100. I was under the impression that the pxa-h100 enabled the 7 band parametric but i guess it's needed for the 5 band graphic as well?

I haven't had much time to mess with it, been real busy lately but it seems like it has just a 2 band parametric that is kinda shitty imo. is there something I am missing? or do I just need to get used to it? seems like there is no way to adjust any of your midrange what so ever... just your low end and upper frequency range.

I don't have any eq at the moment and probably wont for a while. I'm debating on returning it, not sure what I want to do. Almost want to just go back to my pioneer dehp-5900.

Platinum Member
Username: Nd4spd18

Philadelphia, PA

Post Number: 10773
So is there a reason you need an EQ.... of all the installs i've done how many has an EQ been used on... zero. They are really only useful for fine tuning with the right equipment... when people use them for adjustment by ear it almost always means bad equipment or install

Gold Member

Illinois Braaap MX

Post Number: 2849
Everyone has a different ear.

Gold Member

Illinois Braaap MX

Post Number: 2852
Nobody else has/had a 9886??? My subwoofer pre outs don't work. the instruction manual says nothing about turning on/off pre outs. They worked right when I first installed it, but didnt the next time I restarted the unit.

I think I am going to exchange it for another, the volume wheel sticks a bit and the trim ring was scuffed up straight out of the box.

Platinum Member
Username: Rovin

1 15 = 152.5 DBs ...Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 15669
if ur going to return it c if u can spring extra for a 87 since that 86 has far less features

earlier this yr i bought a 86 which i hoped wud be a upgrade from my 4yr old premier 860 - it was NOT so i went back with my 860 same day

have seen a 87 in action & its much nicer than the 86 ...

Gold Member
Username: Snowball123

West Allis, WI

Post Number: 3337
see this is why Alpine sucks.

Diamond Member
Username: Bestmankind

Post Number: 23553
M.S. are you saying that you don't use the eq function on you hu? so they are all on 0? if its not on 0 then we are not installing our system right?

Gold Member

Illinois Braaap MX

Post Number: 2853
We don't sell the 87 at my store (i work at best buy). I'm getting used to it, starting to like it a bit more now. Figured out how to set the band freq and band width, kinda different layout and function from previous head units ive had..

I got the head unit for $190 which isnt bad price imo. And I like that it has ipod and usb.

Platinum Member
Username: Nd4spd18

Philadelphia, PA

Post Number: 10775
What EQ lol. My hu don't have one either.. well just bass mid and treble control so i guess technically a 3 band... all zeroed. Any decent set of speakers had better produce a decently flat response on their own. All i adjust is the subwoofer level if i wanna crank the bass up and impress people haha.

donnie: where'd you get that unit.... sounds like it may have been a return that got resold

Gold Member

Illinois Braaap MX

Post Number: 2854
Bought at best buy ( i work there). Everything that has been opened or tampered with that is returned gets sent off, so i'm wondering it one of the installers had it opened and messed with it, but I doubt it since it would just be easier for them to throw it in a box and jive it to my department which is inventory/receiving.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us