Viper 5901 Help

Username: Boostak

Post Number: 1
I just installed the Viper 5901 Alarm system over the weekend and I am having some problems.

Vehicle: 2002 Dodge Ram 1500 4x4 Quad Cab (with the black key, so no immobilizer)

-First: The system will arm and disarm, the LED on the antenna will flash and if you open the door or shake the vehicle the 2 way pager will alert you, but the power door locks do not work. If I lock the doors with the power door lock switch on the vehicle the Viper remote will unlock the driver's door only. I can't get it to do anything else, lock/unlock. There is only one wire for both lock and unlock according to the diagram and the tech sheet I got with the alarm says I need resistors which I have used.

-Second: The remote start will only crank the vehicle and will not turn it on. If I have the key in the on position and hit the remote start button the vehicle will start. I checked the voltage at the Fuel injector and when starting with the key I get 12v right away, but when checking the voltage when trying the remote start I get 0.079 Volts. Tried switching the Tach signal to the coil and it does the same exact thing as the fuel injector wire.

There is a 5 pin Remote Start Aux harness that has the key sense wire and the other 4 wires calls for diodes, tried installing that, but still just get cranking and no start.

Any ideas or help would be appreciated, thanks in advance.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us