Speakers

Silver Member
Username: Pbplayer05

Omaha/council bluffs, Iowa

Post Number: 836
Id like to replace my factory speakers and im not sure if its worth buying a component set even though i dont have an amp and prolly wont for a bit or a way to just replace the speakers at the moment. could use some pointers thanks guys

Silver Member

Post Number: 837
ohh and it would be a 2005 grand prix so i have 6 1/2s and the tweeters in the front doors

Gold Member
Username: Drant19

DUB-C, TX

Post Number: 2020
i say wait til you get the amp...you run a higher chance of damaging the speakers cause its just the need to go higher and higher on the volume knob and you risk clippin the speakers.

however, if you think you can be gentle on them til you get the amp, then by all means get em.

Whats your budget??? theres a CDT dealer on here, Exigeaudio. Mike is a great guy to do business with and will get you the best speakers within your price range and your music tastes.

whats your budget for speakers as of right now?

Silver Member

Post Number: 838
im just looking for the best bang for my buck right now nothing over two hundred and ill base my amp on whatever i get need some pointers now

mainly listen to rock and some rap every once in a while and i currently have a rd alpha 15v2 on a 1750 so i need something that can keep up with that.

do you suggest i keep the rears or just dont use them when i upgrade the fronts?

Gold Member

DUB-C, TX

Post Number: 2021
ehh i would say just keep them stock and hooked up for passengers. i would suggest just upgrading the front speakers and getting a nice 4channel amp. i say to get a 4channel because you can get more power for less$$$ when bridging the amp to 2channels. 150rms per side should be able to keep up with that alpha.

Gold Member

DUB-C, TX

Post Number: 2022
i also want to add that a system will sound only as good as the install...

For example, if you just slap some comps in your doors, sound deadening them or making pods will greatly help out in bringing the midbass from the speakers. also speaker placement of the tweeter is also key for a good sound stage. its a good rule of thumb to spend the same if not more on your front stage than your sub/amp combo. Why? because more of the music will be coming from the components than a sub. a sub only plays ~80hz and lower. where as a comp system will play from ~80hz - 20kHz. theres much more of a sound range comping from the comp set. so spending a lil extra on the set and install will make a WORLD of a difference.

Silver Member

Post Number: 839
any sets you would recommend and an amp to power them thats the part im having trouble with

Gold Member

DUB-C, TX

Post Number: 2023
whats your budget for speakers and amp?

Silver Member

Post Number: 840
i would say 400 or so just depends if you could help find something around that

Silver Member

Post Number: 841
anyone? rly need some help my front speakers are starting to go out

Platinum Member
Username: Insearchofbass

York, Pennsylvania

Post Number: 12427
diamond hex 600s would be really nice and about 250 for a set

Gold Member
Username: Turnmat

Www.j-designs.org

Post Number: 1181
I have some ok type R's that don't sound bad

Bronze Member
Username: 813thumper

Tampa, FL United States

Post Number: 51
I actually have a pair of Diamond components in my car and they have been great. I matched it with a directed 400 4 channel and I havent been disappointed. The Diamonds are a little on the bright side though. But I will sell you my 4 channel. Its in really good condition. I'll let it go for 100$
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us