Which setup would be better?

Gold Member
Username: Splmonster

Akron, OH USA

Post Number: 1511
well i juss measured the trunk in my new car and i cant fit a 15" so i gotta go with 12's. im thinking either 2 sonance 12's in a sealed box. sonances are 500 rms right? or 1 12" fi q ported? im goin for nice lows and nice sq. what do you guys think? or any other suggestions? i have a ed nine.1 right now but i think i might try and a nice solid 1000rms amp because i dunno if my elec system can take it. i juss got an 09 malibu anyone know what amp alts they have or can find out?

Gold Member
Username: Ctmike

Ct.

Post Number: 6813
you can go to autozone.com and search your alt. and find out.

i'd do a pair of idqs, or a pair of sundown sa-12 (have read nothing but good things of them).

Gold Member
Username: Drant19

DUB-C, TX

Post Number: 1903
i just went to find my alt, and i have 160amp alt

Gold Member

Akron, OH USA

Post Number: 1512
how you find it i cant figure it out lol

Gold Member

Akron, OH USA

Post Number: 1513
nvm they juss dont have my car on there lol

Gold Member

Akron, OH USA

Post Number: 1514
well ive been lookin around and thinkin about it and i think im juss gonna go with a single 12 on 600-1000 watts so then i can put in the right size box cuz my trunk is small. what do you think would be the best single 12" on that much power for nice lows and and solid sq?

Gold Member
Username: Ctmike

Ct.

Post Number: 6814
idmax.

Gold Member

Akron, OH USA

Post Number: 1515
wat about 350 and under? lol

Gold Member
Username: Hittin1

TEAM REVOLUTION, La. Lake Charles...

Post Number: 3716
I would take the sonance or IDQ over the FiQ. There is nothing wrong with the FI, it is not as loud and the SQ in about the sonance or IDQ. People underestimate the SQ of the sonance in the right enclosure, because of how loud they have the potential of getting.

Gold Member
Username: Hittin1

TEAM REVOLUTION, La. Lake Charles...

Post Number: 3717
your alt should have its output listed somewhere on the casing or tag on the alt itself.

Gold Member

Akron, OH USA

Post Number: 1516
it says on the rd site that the sonances are 500/1000 rms. what are they? they make 500 and 1000 rms models?

Platinum Member
Username: Rovin

1 15 = 152.5 DBs ...Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 15329
if u cant fit 1 15 then u def cannot fit 2 12s since they will take up even more space than 1 15

(im talking about both being ported)

that 13" ED has is a really good sub so u can match that with ur amp & a box for it will fall between 2.5-3cuft ...

Gold Member

DUB-C, TX

Post Number: 1905
if you got a 12" sonance with a clean 1000rms, it would be plenty loud andd sound really amazing in a sealed enclosure. or go ported and tune low to bring out the low end. IMO u cant go wrong with an IDMAX or Sonance. get whichever is cheaper

Gold Member

Akron, OH USA

Post Number: 1517
yea im thinkin bout goin with the sonance. thats prolly what ill do seeing as the idmax is like 500 lol can i get the sonance online? is the one rd guy still on here?

Gold Member

DUB-C, TX

Post Number: 1908
yeah steve miller and kevin holden are the ones to get a hold of...
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us