Mid bass subs

Silver Member
Username: Mpinto19k

Dallas/Fort Hood, Tx

Post Number: 224
Alright I'm looking at getting some mid bass subs and making some custom kick panels for them going to be a HUGE project for me but I'm expecting a lot of trial and error on my part. But back to the point what do you guys think would be some really nice subs to check out? I'm open to all opinions!

Gold Member
Username: Frkkevin

Team DLSSuperNatural...

Post Number: 6915
cheap but very nice.. look into dayton.. damn good products on a budget

the jl slim 8s are nice as well

of course i love my illusion nd8s .. hard to find.. around $200+ for a pair that ive been seeing float

just about any 8 will work since your looking only for midbass.. just pending the power you want to run and space you are allowed for mounting would really be what you should be looking at

Silver Member

Dallas/Fort Hood, Tx

Post Number: 225
Lol I figured you would be one to answer this Kevin but I'm going to check out the JL and illusion and hell they are selling those RD Classic 8's for 55 bucks kinda hard to not do but I'm gonna look around then.

Gold Member
Username: Tejcurrent

Post Number: 1846
Someone on CA.com is selling Sundown 8s for 50 + shipping.

I'm probably going to pick one up for my factory sub location in my tahoe.

Diamond Member
Username: Wingmanalive

Www.stainles... .ecrater.com

Post Number: 20746
I'm surprised nobody has mentioned RE 8s.

Where's Wolfman?

Yes Dayton makes very nice products for the $$.

Silver Member

Dallas/Fort Hood, Tx

Post Number: 227
Anyone heard of Peerless SLS Series 8" been told they are some really good drivers also read some reviews getting the same results. Any of you guys have any experience with them or have any input?

http://www.speakerworks.com/ProductDetails.asp?ProductCode=830667&Show=TechSpecs

Gold Member

Team DLSSuperNatural...

Post Number: 6922
heard them.. talk to chi.. he ran them... didn't like them as much as the daytons or jls he ran from what i remember

Silver Member

Dallas/Fort Hood, Tx

Post Number: 228
No sh!t huh I haven't seen him on there yet but I haven't really tried hard either lol

Silver Member

Dallas/Fort Hood, Tx

Post Number: 229
Found him!

Gold Member

Team DLSSuperNatural...

Post Number: 6924
hes very helpful.. always changes drivers too..

like i said.. odds are he may have something to sell you cheap even.. just tell him i sent you to him so its not like some random person haha.. although he wouldn't care

i have is number in my other phone if you wanted it

Silver Member

Dallas/Fort Hood, Tx

Post Number: 230
Yeah I just sent him a message I'll just start there and see what he says I told him you told me to contact him and that I was pretty much local. See where it goes from there

Bronze Member
Username: A12voltman80

St. paul, Mn Usa

Post Number: 56
To get the mid bass you want it is going to be all about the kick panel you build. Make sure you seal the chamber. I would suggest building a small box and to some testing to get the best position before you build the kick panel.

do you have a DSP or any type of processor?
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us