System help

Silver Member
Username: Tylersliva

St.Ignace, Mi U.S.

Post Number: 263
ok guys i got a 12" alpine type r and my buddie has a 12" kenwood sub thats 400rms.. and for some reason his is louder and sounds better too... is it cause his box is a prefab sealed and mine is a old prefab ported and its been moded like the front broke so i put a new peice of wood on it and it isnt sealed very good or is it cause his power wire is hooked to his bettery and mine is hooked to fuse box because my gm side mount post is to short... so can you guys help please

Gold Member
Username: Snowball123

West Allis, WI

Post Number: 2888

Silver Member
Username: Kingandsons07

TEAM REVOLUTION Lincoln,NE

Post Number: 627
haha um wow well then, well its hard to tell with that lil info what amp are you running and a custom box made just for your sub will bing it to life, its just all about how everything is installed.

Silver Member

St.Ignace, Mi U.S.

Post Number: 264
he has kenwoon 1000w max and i have the 1800w max and i got the dual 2 ohm so i can run it at 4ohm and the amp does 500rms at 4ohm... but does it effect it if its hooked to fuse box instead of battery

Silver Member

St.Ignace, Mi U.S.

Post Number: 265
k guys please i need some help

Gold Member
Username: Hittin1

TEAM REVOLUTIONLake Charles...

Post Number: 3506
Your power wire should be 4 ga. and ran fused from the battery. They also make a longer bolt and it costs a few bucks or less to replace the shorter bolt for side posts.

What fuse are you running this amp from?. you must be running the wire from the hot side and not from the fused side, right?

Gold Member

Post Number: 3508
it also sounds like your box is fu<ked. It wouldn't take long to build a decent box for a single 12 in type r. Let me know if you can build it, and i'll throw you a lil design.

Gold Member
Username: Loc_out

SoCal

Post Number: 2942
what's the model # of your amp?

Silver Member

St.Ignace, Mi U.S.

Post Number: 267
i have 4ga power wire and it has a 100amp fuse on the wire and mark could u give me a design please... and in my town our lumber yard doesnt carry mdf and the closest place i can get it is 50 miles away... is there any other wood that will work good too?

Gold Member

Post Number: 3510
there are others for free on here. this one would work great if it fits the space.
http://www.caraudio.com/forum/showthread.php?t=137804

Upload

Silver Member

St.Ignace, Mi U.S.

Post Number: 270
what can i use to sut a perfect circle... and what is the cutout size for the type r
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us