Box build for 15" Revo

Silver Member
Username: Msand951

Riverside, Ca Usa

Post Number: 102
I am going to put it n my back seat of my 03 dodge ram quad cab. i was told to do. 4cu. tuned to 33hz. A local stereo shop will build a box for me for $100.
Heres my measurements outside diameters L x W x H 30x16x16= 4.44 cu.

Can you guys let me know or modify my measurements to get it right. Also how wide of port area should it be. i was thinking in 2.5" .

Gold Member
Username: Stateprop486

Phnom Penh Cambodia

Post Number: 1824
i wouldnt' trust a local stereo shop to build you a box unless, they have a good reputation. 4cu @ 33hz sounds good, my friend has his AP in 3.5 @32hz

Gold Member
Username: Drant19

DUB-C, TX

Post Number: 1698
^^^ x2

$100, while that would be a good deal, it sounds too good to be true... see if they have any other boxes you can check out and see how they look.

Gold Member
Username: Jkidder

Worlds gunna end, In 2012

Post Number: 4120
yea if the build quality is good thats a nice price. check out other boxes like abarca said

Gold Member
Username: Loc_out

SoCal

Post Number: 2892
What place is this Mike?

Gold Member
Username: Hittin1

TEAM REVOLUTIONLake Charles...

Post Number: 3380
$100 for a cusom ported box? Find out if that includes proper bracing, double baffle, at least 3/4" MDF. Ask him how he formulates and designs his enclosures. Most "custom" boxes are their usual ported box, not usually built to your needed specs... I would defineatly be skeptical, due to the importance of the enclosure to geting the best out of your sub..

Silver Member

Riverside, Ca Usa

Post Number: 103
Yeah its 3/4 mdf. he will even double face it. he built a box for my bro in law.'s 12" w7. I hope mine will pound better. Oh the place is called Pro inet in Hemet. I drove around and called places in moval and perris. And some of those places didnt know what i was even talking about when it came to cu ft. and tuning. i just walked right out. Pro inet will look up the sub print out the specs and ask u for an idea of dimensions u want. I hope u answered earlier. i bought a box he had made for that for a 15" mtx 9500 . And i just wanted something like now. He let it go for 80 cause the guy who ordered it cancelled.

Gold Member

DUB-C, TX

Post Number: 1708
a REAL custom box, where i live start at $350 and go up to 600+ real fast...

$100 sounds like a great deal, if its a great box. however, like Mark Brockman said, if its the normal ported box they make for every sub, then its no good.

Gold Member

SoCal

Post Number: 2894
Mike post pix or a vid of you sub in action. I saw that sub play live once. I know what it can do.

Silver Member

Riverside, Ca Usa

Post Number: 104
ok ill try to take a pic . i got the sub from bernie mac

Silver Member

Riverside, Ca Usa

Post Number: 106
Well, I installed it, played, and it bumped good. The lows just like what i heard were good. But to be honest im dissapointed. The 12" W7 was louder, and pounded harder. and he has the jl1000 amp. im pushing mine with PPi PCX 2400. So im even thinking of selling the revo locally on craigslist.

Gold Member

DUB-C, TX

Post Number: 1723
its the box...

Silver Member

Riverside, Ca Usa

Post Number: 107
The box is around 3.4cuft. at least tuned to the low 30s 32 or 33. his box is 3cuft. i would post pix but i cant figure out how to shrink them.

Silver Member

Riverside, Ca Usa

Post Number: 108
Pics

Upload

Gold Member
Username: Bernymac

Phnom PenhCambodia

Post Number: 4642
Man I know it can do better than that. Someone help him design a box.

Platinum Member
Username: Insearchofbass

Post Number: 11487
I dont like that port it looks to small. Id go with at least 52 square inches of port.

Gold Member
Username: Big_edge_head

Milwaukee, WI

Post Number: 3862
Box is a little small and the port is tiny. Sent you a PM, Mike.

Gold Member

SoCal

Post Number: 2902
I don't think i can fit my finger in that port. Sh1t looks small.

Diamond Member
Username: Bestmankind

Post Number: 23322
the revo 15 needs at least 4 cuft. i would even do 5 cuft. also a good size port to match. around 60 sq in of port would be good.

Silver Member

Riverside, Ca Usa

Post Number: 110
Well thanks for the replies. wish i had more info before i got the box. The only thing, i think i should do for know is maybe covering up the port and make it a sealed box it should match up the recommended sealed enclosure since its small. Until i build a box. What do you think. It may be a while cause im strapped in cash cause someone hacked into my paypal and cleared my bank account. Its under investigation. if you guys have a paypal get the pin verification code. its worth it.

Diamond Member
Username: Bestmankind

Post Number: 23325
well hit up bernymac and he will introduce you to a box builder that will build it to exact specs you tell him too. the dude is awesome and the price is ridiculously cheap.

Silver Member

San jacinto, Ca Usa

Post Number: 111
He has a revo box but it cost him 300. kind of steep for me. should i cover the port for know.

Stavenmist316 i didnt get your pm.

Platinum Member
Username: Insearchofbass

Post Number: 11493
Do you hear port noise when you play that sub at all?

Gold Member
Username: Big_edge_head

Milwaukee, WI

Post Number: 3863
uggghh. Look in your email that you used to register this site with. Check the spam folder. I typed too much to remember lol

Gold Member
Username: Bernymac

Phnom PenhCambodia

Post Number: 4643
"He has a revo box but it cost him 300. kind of steep for me. should i cover the port for know."

Lol it didn't cost me 300. It cost Chad 300. It cost me nothing. I was just saying that I didn't want to sell a box that was worth 300 dollars because of the knowledge that went into it. Its the perfect box for my integra in a sense for average 15" subwoofers.

Silver Member

San jacinto, Ca Usa

Post Number: 112
Oh its cool guys. Its just trial and error when trying something new.

oh and theres no email in my spam sorry i coulndnt find it but i really appreciate it.

im making a plug for the port just to try it out sealed at work. I build crates and have all the saws i need. i would build a box here but it wouldnt look good in a gov. building walking out with a built box.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us