Looking for update on the hack hydrogen car someone here did.

Gold Member
Username: Van_man

Boston South, MA

Post Number: 4842
A while back, someone was toying with a homemade hydrogen boost thing a majig. They had posted pics, and was going to try it out.

Well, What was the outcome?

Platinum Member
Username: Insearchofbass

Post Number: 11472
That was cannan. He never did report back.

Gold Member
Username: Southernrebel

Monroe, Louisiana Team Audible...

Post Number: 7479
That was me.
I never got around to building a larger one for a car.

The little one I did build was pretty fun though, made enough hydrogen to blow the hell out of a coke bottle :-)

Supposedly my uncle built a working one for his truck, but I have never seen it. Not sure if he was just blowing smoke or not...just haven't been back home in awhile to see.

Gold Member
Username: Southernrebel

Monroe, Louisiana Team Audible...

Post Number: 7480
BTW, I just used a piece of pvc and some cheap wire. Everytime I put current into the system, the wire would oxidize and water would turn green very quickly.

IIRC, you need to use stainless wire.

Silver Member
Username: Bumpin_buick

Appleton, Wisconsin USA

Post Number: 245
I saw something about this a while back on another forum I believe, just letting ya know a few other materials you could give a try, if your still interested in it are:
platinum, iridium, osmium, ruthenium, rhodium, palladium, inc, tin, nickel, chromium, tungsten, titanium, vanadium, molybdenum and niobium

I love science and trying these types of things out so id be interested to see what you come up with and how well it works.

Gold Member
Username: Frkkevin

Team DLSSuperNatural...

Post Number: 6704
my car is too picky to try anything like this :-( lol
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us