15" audiopulse revo or a 15" alpha

Bronze Member
Username: Msand951

Riverside, Ca Usa

Post Number: 99
The alpha is 350 shipped and the revo around 300 picked up. both are 15in. which one would be better and louder which one would you get. i never heard any of these.

Gold Member
Username: Snowball123

West Allis, WI

Post Number: 2712
I'd go with the Revo. Couple of members on here have owned them and pretty much all of them enjoyed it. Plus you could save yourself 50 bucks.

Gold Member
Username: Ctmike

Ct.

Post Number: 6681
never heard the revo, but i'd go with that.

Gold Member
Username: Jkidder

Worlds gunna end, In 2012

Post Number: 4089
revo all day

Gold Member
Username: Jkidder

Worlds gunna end, In 2012

Post Number: 4090
revo all day and spend the extra 50 on either upgraded wood (trupan light or birch) or an eighth of some bomb asssssss tweeds

Gold Member
Username: Loc_out

SoCal

Post Number: 2878
I'd say the revo, plus the seller is cool and honest.

Gold Member
Username: Somedonniedude

Illinois Braaap MX

Post Number: 2612
I'm gonna say alpha just to be different

Hopefully chad can comment in this thread, he's owned both as well as a sh!t load of other subs. I thought he liked the Revo more but I can't remember.

Gold Member
Username: Stateprop486

Phnom Penh Cambodia

Post Number: 1817
haha, i kno the revo is berny's on ca.com. i myself have a alpha but i was planning on getting a revo but couldnt find one for sale until i bought the alpha then berny had the revo up for sale. that damn cambo. lol but i'd go for the revo they get low and loud but both subs are great overall because my friend has a revo too. the revo are also discontinued, so its harder to get a hold of.

Gold Member
Username: The_image_dynamic

San Diego, California

Post Number: 5137
Puhlease...

Silver Member
Username: Bumpin_buick

Appleton, Wisconsin USA

Post Number: 211
alpha v1 or alpha v2?

Platinum Member
Username: Nyyfan13

Northern VA

Post Number: 11427
Revo.

How could you turn down that sexy blue azz?

Silver Member

Appleton, Wisconsin USA

Post Number: 213
Well if youd like I will start for you with the cons of the Revo, not to support the RD in anyway but I feel like TC/Audiopulse is kinda forum addiction over here and I'm kinda curious as to why.

Cons to getting the Revo:
Dont ever expect customer service
Dont ever expect a recone
Poor glue joints on the landings
Dont look at the skewed T/S parameters, as I assure you they are quite off. 86.4db sensitivity would be nice, but I can assure you that is BS along with the mms rating.

In no way am I suggesting the RD is flawless but after years of lies and deception from Thilo, I think it would be foolish to run his product. There are literally hundreds of options out there. Look around a bit more is my opinion.

Platinum Member

Northern VA

Post Number: 11428
I don't want to get nit-picky over your post Matt but some of that made me chuckle. Bunch of irony in that post.

"Well if youd like I will start for you with the cons of the Revo, not to support the RD in anyway but I feel like TC/Audiopulse is kinda forum addiction over here and I'm kinda curious as to why."

This really got me going as along with one of the Cons you listed but I'll let other people figure that one out.

Silver Member

Appleton, Wisconsin USA

Post Number: 214
Well, again I do not visit this forum much... I can only assume that you are chuckling about the past forum addiction to RD and how some people pushed them here. I am in no way pushing them nor do I push any product at all. I was simply stating that TC/Audiopulse is not something I would suggest going with.

I would love to hear your arguements on this though instead of your chuckling. I in no way mean this personally I would simply like to be enlighten on why TC is a good product and why he should spend $300 on that instead of just about any other great sub on the market. Please elaborate, also I have run most every TC based product out there minus a few protos and such, I'm speaking from experience.

Platinum Member

Northern VA

Post Number: 11429
You took my post the completely wrong way I think lol. First off, I know you aren't a rep or pushing RD, I know who you are on the forums (if that's not weird sounding). I'm not going to get into an argument with you either because to be honest, you have tons more experience than I ever will. As for the "past forum addiction to RD", well, its not past. It's as strong as ever to be honest. I myself am not repping AP/TC or trying to down RD. To be honest with you, I can only name like 2-3 people who are running AP/TC equipment right now on here but I can name 10+ people who run RD equipment. I think most people on here know my feelings on RD and know what I think about them so I don't need to go any further than that. I have a lot of respect for Steve Miller and his affiliates and I wish them the best and they obviously have been making top notch equipment since they came on the scene. I just thought it was funny that you say we have a b0ner on here for TC/AP products and not one for RD; nothing more, nothing less.

Silver Member

Appleton, Wisconsin USA

Post Number: 215
Ohh I understand now, Im sorry for the mis-interpretation I thought you were challenging something totally different lol. I was on here over a year ago when RD was all over but the past few threads I read were TC/Audiopulse and I just see everyone agreeing so I was just under the assumption it changed.

BTW to the OP some other recommendations
HDC3
Used BTL
Cascade Omega
Mach 5 SPL
T3 TSS
Memphis Mojo
AA Mayhem
DC Lvl 4
RE MT
RE SX
Sundown Nightshade

Gold Member
Username: Snowball123

West Allis, WI

Post Number: 2717
both of you stfu.

Bronze Member

Riverside, Ca Usa

Post Number: 100
well guys . i got the revo for 290. picked it up from bernie. im going to push it with 1600rms at 4ohm. with my ppi pcx2400

Silver Member
Username: Wolf_hound

Phoenix, AZ

Post Number: 895
great deal, berny is a cool dude... was he wearing his beanie? lol sup berns.

Gold Member
Username: Big_edge_head

Milwaukee, WI

Post Number: 3835
lol and a jacket? :-)

Gold Member
Username: Bernymac

Phnom PenhCambodia

Post Number: 4629
lmfao. You crazy guys. Mike is a cool guy. He bought a sub that was owned by Chad Lee and BernyMac, the two greatest Asians ever. So that sub was treated well. Enjoy it Mike.

Gold Member
Username: Hittin1

TEAM REVOLUTIONLake Charles...

Post Number: 3282
Great deal, B is da shiznit.. Everyone knows that RD is trash anyways.

Silver Member

Riverside, Ca Usa

Post Number: 101
yeah thanks bernie. can wait to hear this baby bump. I just need a box. if anyone can give me some info on what size to build it and tune it too i will appreciate it. or should i just give the recommended sizes i got from the website to the box builder. hes going to do it for 100bucks.

oh and i dont remember if he was wearing a beanie i think he was know that i think about it. but he knows hes sh!t and was cool.

Gold Member

Phnom PenhCambodia

Post Number: 4631
Common guys, help this guy out. I was thinking for a sub in the back of a dodge ram. He should do sub up port forward. I forgot what size the sub and port should be on. I think it was sub on passenger side and port on the driver side. 4cuft tuned to 34-35hz. 4cuft before sub displacement. What do you guys think.

Gold Member

San Diego, California

Post Number: 5138
3.8 cubes net @ 33

Another earthquake just now in L.A. Berny. 4.1, and the third this week.

Gold Member

Post Number: 3292
Brad, I just called you. Call me back if you can... thanks.

Gold Member

Phnom PenhCambodia

Post Number: 4632
Brad, is that 3.8cuft before or after sub displacement. I'm thinking after.

Gold Member

San Diego, California

Post Number: 5141
Net means after displacement

Gold Member
Username: Mike11202

RE MT 15 VFL 200.1 , Sewell, NJ US

Post Number: 1914
Revo all day

Diamond Member
Username: Bestmankind

Post Number: 23317
i have owned both. both have their goods and bads.

i liked the alpha better. better sound. although the revo gets down low but the overall sound the alpha sounded better.

Gold Member

Post Number: 3300
Thank you Chad, was waiting for you to comment... Now hang around a while. OR ELSE! lol If I said it, I would be labled as biased, but the Alpha is quite a bit better sounding on the mid/upper freq's and a lil better on the lower end(Revo's strong point) I like AP products.... A Lot. I still am curious to what the Axis system I was looking into would do... Plus I didn't want to hinder Berny from selling a great sub. Either way both subs are much better than average.

Gold Member

Post Number: 3301
on a side note, I think the 350 shipped is a bit steep for the Alpha if it is used.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us