New WHIP!!! need suggestions

Gold Member
Username: Drant19

DUB-C, TX

Post Number: 1595
so i just bought a 2007 Avalanche LTZ with the Nav and bose "system" lol. i want to put some new stuff in it and im starting from scratch...i want to keep the HU, cuz the nav n what not, and i also want to keep the steering wheel controls. i need a wiring harness that will allow me to do all this. also, i may need to get with either BJ or woodlawn and see about some box designs under the seats for either 2 10s or a couple 8s if i can. any suggestions on subs?? i wont be upgrading the alt either. i want sort of a stealth look to everyone so it looks stock still...

budget for subs ~300-400, more around 300 lol
ill figure out what amp to get once i have the subs

Bronze Member
Username: Texaslegend903

Post Number: 40
You just bought an Avalanche LTZ and only have $300 for subs? lol ..... i would say a couple L7 12s if you want the most bang. But thats just my opinion and will probably get ripped for it.

Gold Member

DUB-C, TX

Post Number: 1596
i didnt buy it, it was a gift for graduation and getting iinto the MBA program at my school.. 300-400 is a good budget for subs i think.

L7s.... HAH no way...i would like some SQL

Bronze Member
Username: Texaslegend903

Post Number: 41
haha then we differ in that aspect, im in it for spl... but if you want 1 sub then i would say get a w6 for that price. But if you want 2 then your SOL if you want JL haha

Gold Member
Username: Ctmike

Ct.

Post Number: 6673
i'd do several sundown e8s. should be able to get 3, maybe 4 for $300 over on ca.com.

Gold Member
Username: Ducka

Houghton and/or Macomb, MI United States

Post Number: 1003
Effff that... Do a blow through

Gold Member
Username: Frkkevin

Team DLSSuperNatural...

Post Number: 6517
your going to spend more than $300 keeping that h/u and steering wheel controls.. those are a pita..

if anyone plans to get a system that is aftermarket never start out with a bose/infinity/whatever

Gold Member

DUB-C, TX

Post Number: 1597
yeah i know thats why my budget isnt the greatest...i was thinkin about the Sundowns ctmike, how are they??? ive never heard a review on them...

it sucks cuz it has the Bose but the Nav is sick, and i like it.

Gold Member

Team DLSSuperNatural...

Post Number: 6520
like i said to keep the features of the steering wheel and integrate everything right.. its going to be costly

the sundowns are great, but good luck finding some..

i was just on a search for 4 then gave up

Gold Member
Username: Ctmike

Ct.

Post Number: 6674
never heard a review? go to ca.com and search them, plenty of people running them and love them. been thinking of running several myself for awhile.

Gold Member
Username: Stateprop486

Phnom Penh Cambodia

Post Number: 1809
there's 2 re 8 bnib on ca.com for 70 plus shipping each.

http://www.caraudio.com/forum/showthread.php?t=402730

Gold Member

Team DLSSuperNatural...

Post Number: 6521
70 + shipping each on the 8s? wow

you can get the 10/12s cheaper on ebay

Gold Member

Phnom Penh Cambodia

Post Number: 1810
lol idk how much they go for, i just posted it because they was talking about it haha.

Gold Member

DUB-C, TX

Post Number: 1598
well im gonna be keepin this truck for the next 4-5 years so i dont have a problem spending the cash to do it right and keep everything lookin stock.

what harnesses do i need? does anyone have any box designs for a avalanche under the seat? (doubt it but its worth a try)

Gold Member
Username: Bernymac

Phnom PenhCambodia

Post Number: 4622
Figure out what amp you want and then get either d4 or d2 subs according to what ohm load the amp is capable of. You don't want to end up buying 2 subs that are d2 and you end up not liking your options in amplifiers. So think wisely.

Gold Member

DUB-C, TX

Post Number: 1599
well if i can only fit 2 then i will do Dual 4 to get a 1ohm final load, however, if i can get 4 of them under there then ill snag some dual2s and still have it at 1 ohm...

so its gonna be at 1ohm no matter what lol

Gold Member

DUB-C, TX

Post Number: 1600
ttt

Gold Member
Username: Loc_out

SoCal

Post Number: 2869
Just remove the midgate and put a single 15? Fu(k trying to fit sh1t down there.

Gold Member

DUB-C, TX

Post Number: 1602
lowlife im glad you chimed in. How does it sound without the midgate? im just worried about putting subs in the bed because in south texas it gets rediculously hot in summer, i dont want it to damage the sub.

btw, last summer it got to 121 degrees...

Gold Member

SoCal

Post Number: 2872
You have nothing to worry about Abraca. I live in the OC we see temp up in the 110 degrees. My XXX are still working 100% even in 100 degree. Worse case if you dont like it all you need to do is bolt it back up.

Gold Member

SoCal

Post Number: 2873
here is a pic of my ava and the box with one 15.
Upload
Upload

Gold Member
Username: Deadrabit

Marionville, MO

Post Number: 1734
get an fi Q!

Gold Member

DUB-C, TX

Post Number: 1604
Lowlife, thanks for the info, its greatly appreciated!!! I am gonna be replacing the stock front speakers and a amp for them. i wont be changing out the Alt so im gonna need sub(s) that are around 1000-1200rms total. I was thinkin maybe some 15" RE SE's. Im goin for SQL. still got a budget of 300-400 for the subs.

also, does anyone know where i can get more info or who to call about wiring harnesses for the Nav and Steering Wheel controls?

thanks in advance and to everyone who has already posted!

Gold Member

SoCal

Post Number: 2876
Are you keeping the stock HU? Or are you going with a after maket? 2 15 Re Se would sound great on the truck.

Gold Member

DUB-C, TX

Post Number: 1606
im keeping the stock HU cuz its the touchscreen with Nav and backup camera

Gold Member

DUB-C, TX

Post Number: 1609
anyone have any suggestions on subs that are comparable to the RE SEs??

maybe AQ SDC2.5?

Silver Member
Username: Killswitchjd

Post Number: 797
Id say wire up a second hu and get it mounted somewhere flush.....
that stock ones only gonna hold you back imo......

Gold Member

DUB-C, TX

Post Number: 1611
hmm anyone else second what Nate said?

im open to all options

Gold Member

Phnom Penh Cambodia

Post Number: 1815
try crutchfield they usually have everything, i just got a 09 camry and they was the only place that had the speaker wiring harness for my car.

Gold Member

Team DLSSuperNatural...

Post Number: 6530
for the money and power handling i don't think theres much that you can compare to the SEs on the SQL level

the SDC2.5s are nice subs but playability vs the SEs is not the same.. the SEs will have more authority down low

Gold Member
Username: Bernymac

Phnom PenhCambodia

Post Number: 4624
Truck looks sick Gus!

Gold Member

DUB-C, TX

Post Number: 1612
well then i think im gonna be looking for the SEs then...and im really against a new HU just because the screen already has such an awesome interface and its great...really is. its better than my friends Pioneer screen that he paid like ~1500 for..i cant remember the exact model but i like mine better, although he can watch movies on his...im not really that into watchin movies n wreckin the new Avy lol

Gold Member

DUB-C, TX

Post Number: 1615
i forgot to load up pics for yal of the truck, my bad. Enjoy!
Upload
Upload
Upload

Gold Member
Username: Jkidder

Worlds gunna end, In 2012

Post Number: 4082
c'mon man. save up your money and do it right the first time. i'd personally throw that 300 for subs into the front stage to make that better then when you have the money buy the right subs

Gold Member

DUB-C, TX

Post Number: 1621
oh i have ~900 saved up right now...when i do the system, its gonna be all at once. Exige is gonna help me out with the front stage so no problem there. maybe i shoulda said that in the first place..my bad

Bronze Member
Username: Simple_smith

Lapeer, Michigan United States

Post Number: 20
Fi Q 18 on an Audioque 1200d like $550 total

Gold Member

SoCal

Post Number: 2881
Thanks berny. Let me get my new amp and i will try to stop by your house one day.

Get 2 15 SE and call it a day.

Gold Member
Username: Skibum12189

Cleveland

Post Number: 3179
sick truck. i love avalanches, especially the ltz

Gold Member
Username: Jtown

Texas

Post Number: 3768
so I guess you don't want those EHQS'?

Gold Member

DUB-C, TX

Post Number: 1642
ahhh SH!T sorry thieves, i forgot about them...it looks like im gonna be doing it like lowlife has his set up. i shoulda told ya sooner, my bad man.

lowlife, you know where to get some 15"SEs, cuz if been lookin and the only place i can find them is ebay...

WTF you cant type "J---designs" without the "---" GHEY!
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us