Pioneer DEH-P7600MP Sound/Display Problem

Username: Shawane

Post Number: 1
I just installed a Pioneer DEH-P7600MP in my '04 Jeep Liberty. I get this strange problem with this unit. When the unit is off and the clock display is on the units display will light a light blue color every 10-15 seconds. When I turn the unit on, I get the same results. When the unit is on along with this problem, the volume drops when the display lights blue. I can't find the problem. I checked all of the wiring connections, they all seem to be correct. Someone told me that the power leads could be connected incorrectly. One is continuous and the other isn't. The jeep wiring adapter has two continuous +12 wire leads and no matter which I use, I get the same problems. I replaced all of the factory speakers, but I get the same problem. The remote wire is connected to my amplifier. I just can't find the problem and there is no troubleshooting in the manual. I appreciate the help.

Gold Member
Username: Glasswolf

NorthWest, Michigan USA

Post Number: 3285
I'd check voltages when that happens.
if voltage doesn't change, the unit may just be defective out of the box.
it happens now and then.

Post Number: 2
I have two battery/constant leads and they both read the proper voltage. How likely would it be that I'm loosing voltage or have a voltage drop from both of those leads?

Post Number: 3
What if I run a 12 vdc lead straight from my power distribution block to the power lead from the radio? If there is a voltage drop then it would not be there coming straight fromt he battery. I could also eliminate or rule in the fact that the unit may be bad. If the unit is good, should I start looking at replacing the wiring harnesses (ADAPTOR HARNESS TO THE oOEMPLUG AND RADIO HARNESS TO THE ADPTOR PLUG)?

BigMac
Unregistered guest
Shawane, the unit is not defective, there is no problem with the voltages, it's just simply an option on the deck wich makes the units display reverse it's lighting every 10-15 seconds. What you have to do is read the manual and check out the display options. I can't remember right now how you turn it off but if you still can't find it in the manual I'll post it here later. I think you have to press and hold the DISP button when the unit is off (but has power) and scroll though the options. There should be an option there. Like I said if you still haven't found it, post here and I'll tell you exactly what to do.

Big Mac
Unregistered guest
About the volume drop, do you have the auto sound levelizer on?

Post Number: 4
Yes I have the Levelizer on. I can't find the display thing in the manual.

BigMac
Unregistered guest
Well, I know you have to press and hold one of the buttons when the unit is off but has power (in other words with the key in the ignition). Now if I'm not mistaken, if you press and hold the audio button, a series of audio options should appear like the RCA output controls ect.

If you press and hold the bottom right hand button, (the last one) I think it's the one that switches the screensvers when the unit is on, a menu should appear with other dispay options. Just scroll through the menus and find an option that should turn off the reversing.

The Pioneer unit's extra options are all turned on and off with your head unit turned off (pressing and holding the source button until it turns off). For example by pressing button number 6, you will toggle the DEMO mode. In fact, I think Button number 5 toggles the screen reversing thing. I am not sure cuz I'm at work and I can't verify it on my head unit right now. But try both options I mentioned you. If you press #5 , it will make a beep and nothing will show on the screen. Turn on the unit (the source button) and see if the reversing thing was turned off.

BigMac
Unregistered guest
I figured it out. It's the #5 button. You have to turn off the head unit by pressing and holding the source button, and then press the #5 button, you should hear a beep noise but nothing appears on the screen. Turn on the head unit again via the source button and the screen shouldn't reverse anymore.

By the way, do you hear any noises through your speakers during CD play or swithching tracks? Mine does that.

Post Number: 5
I'll let you know if I hear anything. I really haven't been paying atention but I haven't played any CD's neither. I'll let you know today. I'm going to try the reverse thing. Thanks for the help!

BigMac
Unregistered guest
OK. By the way, the buttons that have functions when the unit is turned off via the source button are the #5 key, #6 key and if you press and hold the FUNC button, a menu with sub menus will appear on the screen where you can control the screen contrast, the RCA outputs, the rear speaker controler vs. a rear sub controller powered by the head unit, the toggle for that annoying warning beep , ect. Let me know if it worked. Have a good one!

Post Number: 6
It worked. I do have this little noise in playback. It's weird but I haven't had time to notice it until you said something. Manufacturer defect? I checked all my wiring and speakers again. It doesn't go away.

BigMac
Unregistered guest
It's a design defect, well not a defect but a mistake. There is a problem with the wiring of the optical unit wich results in noise in the internal amplifier and wiring. at least that's what they told me at the shop. If it's under warrenty protection you can get it corrected. Ta me it's kind of anoying and if you have amps, the higher wattage, the more you notice it. Mine also is kind of fussy on the CD you feed it, if thay ar kind of scratched, Mikey doesn't like it. So I'm probably gonna send it to the shop ta get theese things checked out. I'll post here if I know of any new things on the unit. By the way Shawane, what's your current set-up? Just curious.

Unregistered guest
Does anyone have a wiring diagram for the deh-p7400MP? I want to ensure that I have identified the right ones.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us